Forums

Help › Forums

How to tier up ?

Fri, Jan 18 2019 9:49 PM (4 replies)
  • SeveB55
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 4:41 AM

Hello fellas, I would like to ask you couple of questions about how to tier up? My friend and I focused on our hcp and we want to make it low and increase our tier lvl. But sometimes even we play good rounds like -2, -3(my friend's hcp is 68)  it doesn't workout so what is the decisive point for Tier lvl  ? 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 8:12 AM

It depends on the type of games that you play and on the courses you play on.

As a starter, read the FAQs on "Changing Tiers" =>

A lot of answers "hide" behind the search function =>

Just try a few keywords - you are invited to come back with more specific questions.

But, PLEASE, name full scores instead of those relative to Par!!!

• SeveB55
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 9:00 AM

You mean if I'm 68 hcp so I should hit below 68 then my hcp will decrease and also I'll develop my tier.  I think I got it and thx a lot for information.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 11:44 AM

SeveB55:

You mean if I'm 68 hcp so I should hit below 68 then my hcp will decrease and also I'll develop my tier.  I think I got it and thx a lot for information.

I am assuming you mean 68 average and not 68 handicap!  Yes, if you shoot below your current average it will go down.  When you reach the relevant number of ranked rounds with the associated average, you should tier up.  

A relevant thread about this is here.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 9:49 PM

SeveB55:
    You mean if I'm 68 hcp so I should hit below 68 then my hcp will decrease
    I meant none of that, but this part is almost correct - replace hcp by average. (it is similar to a US HCP but not the same).

SeveB55:
    and also I'll develop my tier.
    This not so much.

To develop = increase your TP tier, you'd have to shoot below 67, but not on Par3 or CC Custom courses. Double 9 hole scores for the calculation.

RSS