Help › Forums

An Amazing Motivational Speech

Thu, Jan 24 2019 10:23 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2019 7:52 PM

chrissi1980:
    A speech which came into my mind ..José Mujica (President of Uruguay 2010 -2015. ) just showing one..and what it means to him....

I really appreciate what he said

Life is one thing you cannot buy.

Also instead of buying a Presidential Jet, he elected to buy a helicopter for medical and humanitarian resourcing .

Need over greed.

Quite remarkable in a monetary and selfish world.

Good stuff 

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2019 8:10 PM

chrissi1980:

Carpe diem Allie :)

thesupernova:

Focus and hour of each day to any facet ,

You'd be amazed on how much we can advance our selves dedicating even and hour each day,

\whether it be ...

endless possibilities...

...and maybe also the key to a priceless awareness of not being wasting the one and only life we have...
    So what does that mean? I guess just something different to everyone of us...but I think it seems to be quite worthwhile to find out and experience day by day.
    A speech which came into my mind ..José Mujica (President of Uruguay 2010 -2015. ) just showing one..and what it means to him........

Chrissi

Im way off of politicians and politic, but Mujica was the only President i considered as Uruguayan im, a President for the People, but with their limitations, good interview btw

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2019 9:28 PM

chrissi1980:
    José Mujica

Qué gran hombre! Qué digna que es su filosofía!
    Le votaría para que fuera el próximo presidente de mi país si pudiera.

Pero anda c agar con ese Arnold y toda su miércoles! "No hay atajo en la vida, hay que trabajar duro"... Sí, claro!! Cómo no, Sr. Esteroide! Estoy seguro de que tampoco había una sola mina delante de él que "desperdició" el grandote. Y ahora el tipo quiere inspirar a los demás. Me cago de risa!
  • craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 7:54 AM

I'm sure most of the country clubs play lads v lassies every month so here is a little motivation speech .

We start this match as champions lads so remember .

Look  into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but be thinking,  - I am going to bury you.

We play so often against the lassies, I think it adds something to the game, you know, because people sometimes miss it and sometimes they don’t have it and they want it, and when they have it, they don’t want it. It’s kind of very strange how that goes.

I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my wgt career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year. It took me 8 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.

I figure practice puts your brains in your muscles.

I think the hard part is over. Now it’s time for us to play.

And remember if we are behind - make sure their buggy  drivers have one foot on the brake, one on the clutch and one on the throttle.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2019 8:34 AM

thesupernova:

Having a goal in life is paramount to success 

&

Happiness.

Allie,

Great stuff...find your passion and go for it!

Just an FYI...patience is key too.  Sometimes your passion isn't truly known until later in life.

Paul

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Sun, Jan 20 2019 1:57 PM

2016 - 1.jpg456123789

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Mon, Jan 21 2019 7:12 PM

pmm711:

Just an FYI...patience is key too.  Sometimes your passion isn't truly known until later in life.

Paul

So true ,Paul.

As I get older I have gotten better harnessing my passion.

Bit by bit I am learning patience.

One step at a time  though.

In the past patience hadn't been one of my sterling attributes .

but being keenly aware of that short-coming has helped me enormously .

A work in progress.

Hugs 

xxoxO

Allie

Footnote

And yes ,Craig 3 lefts do make a right

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 1:36 AM

Staring at this colour pink will make you feel less aggressive.

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 5:52 AM

Û²tongue

Beware the rasp of allie's tongue .

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 10:23 AM

I think he is avoiding me because he senses he could not handle my moves. What other explanation could there be for Arnie never being in the same place as myself?

• PAGES
RSS