Forums

Help › Forums

Mobile - Will It Ever Be Big?

Fri, Mar 15 2019 3:50 PM (28 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 6:25 AM

First question might be is it already?

Second my phone is possibly going to be replaced this year (GS8 so no rush).  3.5mm jacks seem to be going out of fashion and fine with me.  I am no audiophile and do not know the difference between Spotify over BT v Deezer FLAC wired.............I wonder how many "audiophiles" could really spot a c sharp from a c if tested.....

Games do take up power and the 3.5mm jack going south does suggest that most are simply not using phones for games.  This leaves tablets mobile wise?  I don't own one and no great interest in changing that for a mobile solution (phone or windows based something for me).

I have tried WGT on mobile but fail to see it's appeal.  I am never going to be a 3 hole person (keep it clean please).

Obviously Flash will be as interesting in a few years to the 20s coming of age in 2040 as VHS is to the millenials, just that Flash does not have that long.

I wish this game well, just wondering what I might be missing with the mobile version?  How do people play it that use the platform?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 8:45 AM

Jimbog1964:
    How do people play it that use the platform?

iPads and tablets. You'd be surprised at how much easier it is on a tablet vs the little phone screen, I was. I won't be switching anytime soon but after seeing how the game plays on an iPad I can see why so many are moving in that direction.

The tablet is just a larger version of your phone. They both use the same platform.  :-)

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 9:28 AM

We're not taking the PC platform away at all. 

And mobile is already big. But we fully understand that our players have preferences and some certainly prefer the PC game. 

No matter how you enjoy WGT, the game isn't going away. 

_CHAMPION 

• UFCJohny
    713 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 9:49 AM

i for one just LOVE playing WGT on my phone, ive been playing WGT for over 6 years on computer, and i just got a new smart phone { had a flip phone for 10 yrs } Lol ! but playing on my phone was hard at 1st. not now im good at it lol !  

ufcjohny

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 9:50 AM

WGTChampion:
    some certainly prefer the PC game. 

C'mon Champion, only some?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 1:33 PM

andwhy67:

WGTChampion:
    some certainly prefer the PC game. 

C'mon Champion, only some?

Wasn't really meant to hint anything or hurt any feelings. We have a lot of players. Some prefer PC, some prefer mobile, some play both. 

_CHAMPION 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 2:07 PM

Will, it ever go to Steam, as an option to play

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 2:53 PM

Woodoworkery:

Will, it ever go to Steam, as an option to play

Ever? Not sure. 

At this time there are no plans for a version through Steam. 

_CHAMPION 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 6:21 PM

Jimbog1964:

First question might be is it already?

Second my phone is possibly going to be replaced this year (GS8 so no rush).  3.5mm jacks seem to be going out of fashion and fine with me.  I am no audiophile and do not know the difference between Spotify over BT v Deezer FLAC wired.............I wonder how many "audiophiles" could really spot a c sharp from a c if tested.....

Jim I have a Mobile Emulator(Bluestacks) on my laptop. I can play Mobile on my PC.

I just hate mobile, so I haven't really played it.

RSS