Forums

Help › Forums

Joining Pickup Games

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 14 2019 10:00 AM (4 replies)
  • jstkeith
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 10:40 AM

Hello...  I'm new to the game and find it fun but as a Rookie and looking to join a "pick up" game I find it very irritating that after selecting my criteria,,, stroke, amateur opponents.. I get directed/forced into a group of more experienced players who selected (anyone or best match.)  Not that I'm blaming , but they don't want to play with me or I with them and boot me out, or leave myself.. then I have to start the whole process over and time after time I get directed right back to the same group/groups even though I'm not wanting to be there and they don't want me or others that aren't up to their level. Maybe a link to a page showing all groups available/created to join.. with desired level of play so we can view/choose and don't have to repeat our criteria ...OVER and OVER and Over  just to join a game... its getting old fast and not much fun playing alone.    Thanks..

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 6:36 PM

Perhaps try playing with your current friends of members of your CC in the tier you are looking for.  CC folks are often quite accomodating.

• AlaskanDame
    18,872 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 7:05 PM

I think, where you are selecting "Amateur" you are really saying "amateur and above."  I don't know of any way to select your own tier other than by friending some people and then playing them.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 5:56 AM

jstkeith: One of the main reasons for joining a country club is having a place where like minded members can find playing partners who are not judgemental and enjoy the company of others. By starting your own club while you are at a low tier and level, you have taken away a prime area to help find multi-player games. 

You can also get invited to multi-player games by friends. You have 13 friends. Have you tried contacting them in order to start a game? Send messages to them, perhaps giving the the times you are available to play together.

Another thing to note is that many players, myself included, do not like to subject inexperienced players to games where the green speed is so much faster than they might be used to. It is a fairness thing and has nothing to do with you personally.

As a pro you should now be able to join some random alternate shot games with less drama. Alternate shot games are probably one of the best places to get advice, meet others and have some fun. Continue to play, gain experience, and keep inviting. Things should work out.

• jstkeith
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 10:00 AM

Thanks to all for your replies and suggestions.....

Wilson I wasn't taking any of it personally, like I said I didn't want to be there... and they didn't either, it was just that once they select "any or best match" ... WGT sends me there,,, so I get booted/quit and have to start the whole criteria process over.  Just thought a "Wall/Page" showing the available "Groups" and their "Criteria" would solve the issue or at least be a little more intuitive then going in circles.   Others on here suggested inviting "Friends" and I have...I just felt playing random rounds that others selected was a better challenge then always picking myself and that's also how I met the friends I have :).  

Thanks again....

RSS