Forums

Help › Forums

Hall Of Fame Thoughts

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:52 PM (1 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 11:06 AM

This would be the best way to find out who the very best players on WGT are. Unlike earnings and average, there would be no way to manipulate the outcome, other than great play.

I would love to see a monthly 4 round single play tournament, with a cut made after the first 2 rounds. Each round would last one week. They could leave the cut fairly large, perhaps 200 and ties. However, only the top 70 would earn credits, which would be used as a point system. January to August would be used for positioning. Then, like the FedEx Cup, the final 4 tournaments would be used as a playoff to find the winner for the year. The field for each of these tournaments would be cut down, like the FedEx Cup. To keep players playing that have no chance for the monthly win, anyone who makes the cut and finishes all 4 rounds could at least make a few points, perhaps getting their dime back (or at least 10 points, even if they weren't paid out as actual credits) (yes, I realize that contradicts the 4th sentence of this paragraph, but I am just making this up as I go. lol)

They could make these tournaments pay to play, but something small, perhaps a dime. And everyone would play with the same tees and conditions, but the tournaments would be open to anyone willing to throw in a dime. This way, the tournaments with the most entrants would also be the ones worth the most points.

WGT could find monthly sponsors and make a mint off of this, with no out of pocket cost for them other than the time to set it up. They could also find a sponsor for the Championship. It would be something like a virtual FedEx Cup.

Players wouldn't need to play each month. They would only need to gain enough points to make it to the playoffs.

I personally think something like this would be a hoot!

Thoughts anyone?

Brett

EDIT: I probably posted this in the wrong place, but I think this type of new tournament would be a cool "product" for WGT to offer.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 12:52 PM
    I think something like this would be a great idea. WGT would have to help us with it.
RSS