Help › Forums

Bracket tees not matching tier?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 10 2019 5:54 PM (4 replies)
  • NickBianchi
    12 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 1:00 PM

Hi,

I recently played my first bracket tournaments.

I was surprised to see that as a Tour Master, in most Tour Master brackets, I was teeing off from Legend tees.

Is this a glitch or are bracket tournaments set up this way?
    In the bracket, there was a recent Tour Master with L45 equipment shooting a 60 at Erin Hills. Although possible, it’s rather unlikely that he would be able to shoot that low from the furthest tees.

Only once, in another Tour Master Bracket, I started off the «Pro» tee. Where’s the logic?

As there’s no tee information provided when entering the tournament, one should admit the tee will match the tier.

Thanks for your answers.

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 3:13 PM

NickBianchi:

Hi,

I recently played my first bracket tournaments.

I was surprised to see that as a Tour Master, in most Tour Master brackets, I was teeing off from Championship tees.

Is this a glitch or are bracket tournaments set up this way?
    In the bracket, there was a recent Tour Master with L45 equipment shooting a 60 at Erin Hills. Although possible, it’s rather unlikely that he would be able to shoot that low from the furthest tees.

Only once, in another Tour Master Bracket, I started off the «Pro» tee. Where’s the logic?

As there’s no tee information provided when entering the tournament, one should admit the tee will match the tier.

Thanks for your answers.

i think its purely random mate

• NickBianchi
    12 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 4:30 PM

Mmmh. But you aren’t sure...

What bothers me is that there are Tour Masters with low level gear.

If they play a bracket with no tee indication, expecting to tee off at Tour Master level, they might have to tee off from the back and wouldn’t even make it to the fairway!

When clicking on Tournament rules, I get a blank page. Not very serious WGT!

I do also wonder if everybody really plays in the same conditions: when teeing off from the Pro tee, I played a -10 or -12 round. I would expect the other competitors to play good rounds as well. But most of the other Tour Masters were at +2 or +3. This can’t be right!

Cheers.

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 5:26 PM

I have played in 228 brackets, and the tee was always the appropriate tee for my tier. I see in your scores, that it shows as "Tour Master" tier, which should mean that it is from the appropriate tees. If it happens again, take a screen shot of your scorecard and share it with customer service. It may be a glitch, or perhaps things have changed.

Brett

• NickBianchi
    12 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 5:54 PM

Thanks Brett,

This is also what I thought.

I don’t know is some WGT guys don’t want to refund a handful of credits or if they are not totally qualified, but after I wrote the customer service representative answered that Tour Masters play further back than Masters, and that the Championship tees were default ones for Tour Master.

Really?

I asked him to double check, sent him screen shots also from normal ranked round tees, and am still waiting for a reply.

WGT, if you read this, could you please have a serious look into it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nozvo3onvgh1ijf/IMG_0211.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/956xkvx41moz202/IMG_0214.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dy3uy1e6ukjt5x/IMG_0222.jpg?dl=0

I now played 3 brackets in which I couldn’t defend my chances fairly. The one I started on Pro tee in the first round switched to Legend tee in the second one!

Cheers!

Nick

RSS