Forums

Help › Forums

payers who dont buy balls need a special place

Wed, Jan 9 2019 10:41 AM (25 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:42 PM

whyttearp:

This game would be even better if you knew who had paid balls and who was a cheap skate before teams where picked.  

there is without a doubt a big difference in fee balls and paid balls, don't tell me otherwise because the game is set up that way, buy balls play better. it makes a Huge difference when on the fast greens. in my opinion a tour pro with fee balls has no business playing ALT shot and here's why, you are a TEAM and the goal is to win right? its my goal I am competitive and like to win, I am also a good loser where I don't complain about a loss, if you show up to an ALT with poop balls its a TEAM disadvantage.

if you had the choice you would always pic the player with the lowest average and quality of equipment. its no different then going to a TEAM VS another TEAM shoot out but my guy he has a knife and I have a shotgun

,statistically speaking the TEAM with the free balls loses most of the time, SO WHY GO AND PLAY ALT SHOT WITH A KNIFE AT A GUN FIGHT???  , STOP JUST STOP. The excuses .. ''oh but i don't buy balls i have no money'' OH ok well I am not going to carry your cheap butt all game BTW. I also cant afford balls but I buy them anyway as to not put OUR team at a disadvantage.

Over 7 years, we've been waiting for you to post. Have to say... I wasn't completely disappointed. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:58 PM

drmoose:

Wait for it, Baggs. I think there's an " Eff ya "  retort on it's way, lol.

Doc :)

OMG, Doc, don't EVER say that to him. He always says "Where?"   :-D

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 1:29 PM

whyttearp: Several things that I note. 

1. With almost 2000 AS games to your credit you should know that not every player purchases balls. 

2. Proof reading and correcting errors such as typos  makes posts much easier to read and understand. This is especially true when writing the title to a thread. I thought you might be suggesting special tournaments or challenges for players using the white rock. Obviously that was not your intent, but I don't think white rock players should be banished to Hades as you seem to intimate.

3. If I ever get into an AS game with you I will definitely be switching to the white rock as a way to save credits. This might be something that you should do until you can afford to purchase a better  iron set and wedges while getting rid of the starter 3w. Perhaps there is a special place for level 92 Masters who carry two 3 woods but no hybrid or third wedge. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 3:15 PM

drmoose:

Wait for it, Baggs. I think there's an " Eff ya "  retort on it's way, lol.

Doc :)

I'll be up for some action...bring ya stethoscope!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 4:22 PM

andwhy67:

whyttearp:
    it makes a Huge difference when on the fast greens.

Im not 100% sure but once a ball (any ball) is on the green, they all act the same!

Other than that, your last partner in Alt shot was using a WGT ball, not much better than a plain starter ball, unless you 'carried' him?

You are correct, No Difference

• ct690911
    7,194 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 5:12 PM

DonCaron:

andwhy67:

whyttearp:

Im not 100% sure but once a ball (any ball) is on the green, they all act the same!

Other than that, your last partner in Alt shot was using a WGT ball, not much better than a plain starter ball, unless you 'carried' him?

I agree the ball acts the same (they are all equally round), but I also believe the meter speed of the putter varies. A max ball ensures a much slower putter speed vs a range ball. This could, and does, effect putting.

If I am incorrect, I apologize.

ct

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 6:01 PM

DonCaron:

andwhy67:

whyttearp:

You both are correct, but it might be that he was talking about approach shots and stopping them on the green?  Maybe, maybe not.

• whyttearp
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 11:09 PM

Thank you for the reply, God bless

I wish I could afford to buy everyone a round of balls

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 12:51 PM

whyttearp:

Thank you for the reply, God bless

I wish I could afford to buy everyone a round of balls

Not necessary.

(but could you please change that scary avatar picture!!!)

Have fun.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 12:58 PM

DoctorLarry:
    change that scary avatar picture!!!

The Shining?

RSS