Forums

Help › Forums

payers who dont buy balls need a special place

Wed, Jan 9 2019 10:41 AM (25 replies)
  • whyttearp
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 11:49 PM

This game would be even better if you knew who had paid balls and who was a cheap skate before teams where picked.  

there is without a doubt a big difference in fee balls and paid balls, don't tell me otherwise because the game is set up that way, buy balls play better. it makes a Huge difference when on the fast greens. in my opinion a tour pro with fee balls has no business playing ALT shot and here's why, you are a TEAM and the goal is to win right? its my goal I am competitive and like to win, I am also a good loser where I don't complain about a loss, if you show up to an ALT with poop balls its a TEAM disadvantage.

if you had the choice you would always pic the player with the lowest average and quality of equipment. its no different then going to a TEAM VS another TEAM shoot out but my guy he has a knife and I have a shotgun

,statistically speaking the TEAM with the free balls loses most of the time, SO WHY GO AND PLAY ALT SHOT WITH A KNIFE AT A GUN FIGHT???  , STOP JUST STOP. The excuses .. ''oh but i don't buy balls i have no money'' OH ok well I am not going to carry your cheap butt all game BTW. I also cant afford balls but I buy them anyway as to not put OUR team at a disadvantage.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 8:56 AM

If you are playing with friends then you would know what they have . Also if you looked at their profile you would also know what they have . Although you have a better ball you will also need better clubs in order to compete . When using a lower level set of clubs with a better ball you cheat yourself . You wont get the full benefit of the better ball with cheaper clubs .

Then on top of all of that you also have to learn the ball club combination . There`s a lot that goes into playing and scoring a good round . So before you start ranting and venting at players maybe you should learn a little more than what you think you know .

So you may have a better ball but your clubs suck . Which means you are just as guilty as the guy with the free ball . Play well . 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 9:08 AM

whyttearp:
    it makes a Huge difference when on the fast greens.

Im not 100% sure but once a ball (any ball) is on the green, they all act the same!

Other than that, your last partner in Alt shot was using a WGT ball, not much better than a plain starter ball, unless you 'carried' him?

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 9:08 AM

whyttearp:
    I am also a good loser where I don't complain about a loss, if you show up to an ALT with poop balls its a TEAM disadvantage.

You say you don't complain about a loss then what do you call this rant. We have several players who use the free balls in my club and they play very well with them and I don't ever feel at a disadvantage when they are my partner. If you don't like playing with random players who have the choice to use what ever equipment they want to then maybe you should only play with people on your friends list and quit playing alternate shot. On another note what a first post after being here since 2011! 

• mega1byte
    769 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 11:27 AM

I agree ,,, I played with the USGA Play 9 ball and it got me all the way to Legend.

And I still use it on most daily games.

I do admit, I have some nicer balls NOW,,TP5), to use strictly in tournaments.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 11:28 AM

LOL - he has this same rant posted on his blog.  That should win some hearts!

"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose.  But you can't pick your friends nose."

Can't pick his balls, either......I hope.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 11:29 AM

whyttearp:
    the goal is to win right? its my goal I am competitive and like to win

Then why do you have only 2 mismatched wedges and the free (useless) 3W instead of a 3rd wedge? I'd rather play with someone that has 3 decent wedges  and a free ball than I would with someone that has very poor low end coverage. That usually means they have no short game. 

I like playing with partner's that use the free ball. Most players above Legend know how to play with them plus I get to see shots that make me think more. A team doesn't have to have the best stuff, they just need to play to each other's equipment and talent level. That's what a good team does.  :-)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:18 PM

It’s your choice of how you play your game, and others choose how they play. Shell out cash, or quit the whining. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:29 PM

AS is for fun, I don't care if my partner is playing with Started clubs and balls, as long as we're having a good time.

Hey, I used to play with YJ...nuff said!

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:38 PM

Wait for it, Baggs. I think there's an " Eff ya "  retort on it's way, lol.

Doc :)

RSS