Forums

Help › Forums

10 Days on the Links ...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 6 2019 8:46 AM (5 replies)
  • RobertRoss007
    10 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 1:31 PM

... and I'm gonna break 80 tonight. (sung to the tune of __________?)

Hello WGT Community,

What a fascinating golf application is WGT. 

I love the abuse. Play and play and feel super lucky to get close to par on a course. Just when you think you've got a shot all sussed out, Whamo, another lesson in humility.

Even given all the smackdowns and frustrations, I am hooked (or is it sliced?). Kina feels like real life in that regard.

Anyways, I am going to keep plugging away on "Ranked" to try to see where that will go.

Not sure about entering tournaments or such like. Not sure how good one needs to be competitive but I think it would be fun to play a game against folks that were at about the same level.

I'm off to find Seamus, last spotted on the 13th fairway of "The Links of Burning Bush".

Take Care,

Robert

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 11:18 PM

Welcome to the game Bob!

RobertRoss007:
    Not sure about entering tournaments or such like. Not sure how good one needs to be competitive but I think it would be fun to play a game against folks that were at about the same level.
    No need to be competitively good!

Just play along - You'll receive the same successes and lectures and, as a bonus, double XPs to help you level up.

Think of an active CC, too. (There are some Canadian ones around) There, you'd find the best comrades to chat, to learn and to play against in multiplayer games, as well as tournaments with better chances, and some material extras, notably Shot and Putting Pals.

Have a good time!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 7:48 AM

alosso:
    Have a good time!

yes, you'll pull your hair out from time to time, but keep going back for more.

good luck.

• RobertRoss007
    10 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 11:14 AM

Thanks Alosso,

It is a heck of a lot of fun playing golf here.

Are you still enjoying the game?

I find the WGT business model quite fascinating as well. Very interesting.

Take Care,

Robert

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 3:05 PM

Hi Robert, Listen to the Guys above, Main thing is to have fun which is easy if you play with a smile.

Make friends, Totally easy, just throw yourself our there for A/S games and again enjoy.

If you want to improve your game and add lots of different type of games then join a Country Club, I`m not here to poach anyone but to offer advice.  If you are serious about improving Or playing regular and having fun then SEL CC is a great way to go, Not interested in any clash games unless you want to play but if you enjoy every type of game and plaing with with others well hell, Job done and end of..!

If you are interested please see    http://selgolfclub.proboards.com/

Only adivce i ever give to anyone is bollox to it and enjoy!!!!!!!!! 

• RobertRoss007
    10 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 8:46 AM

Hello amateur4sure,

Thanks for that.

I agree, VR and RL, if you are not having fun, why are you doing it.

Take Care,

Robert

RSS