Forums

Help › Forums

O.B Markers?

Thu, Jan 10 2019 1:12 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PRIESTESS
    10,700 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 3:22 PM

Why can you not put O.B Markers, or at least show on the mini map on game client where the O.B boundaries are on a particular hole? Do we have to lose a ball to find out that missing the FW Left by 10 yards is O.B?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 3:41 PM

Sounds logical. It should be noted in the overview also

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 7:44 PM

PRIESTESS:

Why can you not put O.B Markers, or at least show on the mini map on game client where the O.B boundaries are on a particular hole? Do we have to lose a ball to find out that missing the FW Left by 10 yards is O.B?

Possibly as this would introduce a modicum of transparency.......that may be just asking for a wee bit much.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 8:12 PM

There is several spots on Erin Hills that 3yds left or long is OB, much less 10yds LOL

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 6:15 PM
    PRIESTESS:
    Do we have to lose a ball to find out that missing the FW Left by 10 yards is O.B?
    That's the whole idea!
  • LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 7:12 PM

Is not the edge of the minimap which actually tell you the place where can be ''O.B''?, maybe be not extremely precise..but i dont think more is needed

OB1

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 8:23 PM

PRIESTESS:

Do not use O.B. and Lost Ball interchangeably.  They are not the same.

I have actually found the mini-map reliable.  If you don't see it there, do not shoot there.  I tried going into #18 fairway off #1 on Bethpage.  It did not work although by yardage it should have. Off the map.  I have also gone to left fairway on 2nd shot on St.A #14 (which is in map) and it does work.

But for example, on EH #1, you miss green short in the crap, that is not OB, that is lost ball.  Same result from golf scoring stand point, and I do not like to lose balls.

Tom.

• NRCoyote
    57 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 11:30 PM

Do not use O.B. and Lost Ball interchangeably.  They are not the same, and I do not like to lose balls.

Tom.

WGT Astrophysics at it's finest, tyvm Tom

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 12:31 PM

O.B. - Otherwise known as Oscar Bravo!!  o.O

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 1:03 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    Is not the edge of the minimap which actually tell you the place where can be ''O.B''?,

Not on every hole. Some of that brown is OB on some holes.

Ask me how I know.  LOL  ;-)

• PAGES
RSS