Forums

Help › Forums

Faster meter WGT balls

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 3 2019 9:47 AM (5 replies)
  • GolfnFanatic
    219 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:09 PM

Can you please make a wgt ball that is 3.5 or 4.0 distance with 3.5 to 4.5 spin and 2.5 durability but with a zero meter speed .....Basically the WGT Tour SD ball for a higher tier.

I am a legend and I just do not like the slower meter speed balls but i have to play them because I have no alternative with out giving up all the distance and spin that I have earned thru my play.......Please get this done..........If you build them players will come and get them....it will increase sales on wgt products for sure......make it a level 50+ ball option at like 200 credits or something like that.

Thanks for listening (I hope your listening)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 2:27 PM

GolfnFanatic:
    I am a legend

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 3:17 PM

@GolfnFanatic

I've seen others make similar requests. While it's a decent idea, I doubt WGT would offer the ball. First, if they were to offer it, I think they would set the price at around 400 credits. There's no way it would be 200 credits.

And second, I seriously doubt it would increase sales. WGT would simply see a transfer of sales as some players (like yourself) switched from one ball to another. For most people, I doubt a 0 meter speed ball would be all that attractive so that it would generate sales. 

Finally, those who made the switch would only switch if it were cheaper than what they're currently playing. The proposed product is too niche. 

• bigdawg2190
    20 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 8:04 PM

EXACTLY!  Why wouldn’t they offer it if it will make them more money?

• Robert1893
    7,650 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 9:03 AM

bigdawg2190:

EXACTLY!  Why wouldn’t they offer it if it will make them more money?

Well, like I suggested, I think WGT doesn't offer it because they don't believe it will make them more money. It would simply be players transferring from their current ball to the new ball. 

In fact, it might be a net loss of revenue. Those players who would switch would probably only do so if the ball were cheaper. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 9:47 AM

Basically a slower meter 4 spec ball for circa 500 credits turned less money for zero speed throttling.........................I am sure it would sell.  The real problem is is that every slow meter cheater aid would also be selling like hot cakes, which is bad any which way.

I would also say that if one shot here and there is not critical less expensive balls can still bang is 30s or below often enough, and without any real mapping.  Go map a say L33 Cally and RG level is achieved by very credible players.

Nice to have fizz - many agree, but I can't see it happening.

The price of the top spec balls is looking wishful, but that's another discussion........

RSS