Forums

Help › Forums

Offer a ball with distance but zero meter speed.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 3 2019 8:17 PM (8 replies)
  • bigdawg2190
    20 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2019 11:08 PM

Seems like a big oversight. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 7:47 PM

WGT B-XD

WGT Tour-S

AGT Tour-SD

Not a lot of distance but >0

You can get balls with Distance up to 3 for meter = 1

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 7:51 PM

bigdawg2190:
      Seems like a big oversight.

It's been suggested before. And someone else just started a thread on this. See link below. I just don't see it happening. So, I don't think it's really an oversight. I think WGT has simply not decided not to offer one. 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/568802/3853760.aspx#3853760

• bigdawg2190
    20 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 8:06 PM

Thanks. So I’m not alone. Why not offer it and see how it sells?

• bigdawg2190
    20 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 8:08 PM

Thanks but I’m using tour SD. Distance is 2.0 with no meter benefit. I’d like a 4 or 5 distance with no meter speed. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 9:19 AM

bigdawg2190:

Thanks. So I’m not alone. Why not offer it and see how it sells?

You'd have to ask WGT. But like I suggested in the other thread, I think the answer is fairly straightforward. They don't think it will sell well enough to justify it being offered. They might even believe it would cost them revenue. 

Let's say they take the approach of offering it to see if it sells. Then they find out it doesn't sell all that well or even costs them revenue. Do they pull it from the Pro Shop? They could. But then then they would have people complaining on the boards about that. 

The percentages are just not there. WGT really has no reason to offer it and (I think) good reasons not to offer it. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 2:35 PM

I remember a suggestion of basically offering golf balls a la carte where you specify what you want in terms of distance, spin, durability and meter speed and then pay whatever the cost is.  

While that works in a sandwich shop, and it could certainly be done in a gaming environment, I guess the "realism" aspect probably has WGT treating it more like a real pro shop where there is a large selection to choose from.

I actually want less spin than the higher end golf balls have but can't really find it with the other parameters the way I want them.  Maybe I could just sand them down!

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 8:09 PM

DoctorLarry:

I remember a suggestion of basically offering golf balls a la carte where you specify what you want in terms of distance, spin, durability and meter speed and then pay whatever the cost is.

Hi Doc

I've been developing a similar idea, Could be a goldmine I think.

My prototype "Creek Cube" for those off a cliff downhill putts.

No need for sanding or spikes. Fit more in your bag through easy stacking, ideal for regular washers. Will stop on ANY green.

Cheers!

Rich

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 8:17 PM

whooshdangit:

DoctorLarry:

Hi Doc

I've been developing a similar idea, Could be a goldmine I think.

My prototype "Creek Cube" for those off a cliff downhill putts.

No need for sanding or spikes. Fit more in your bag through easy stacking, ideal for regular washers. Will stop on ANY green.

Cheers!

Rich

LOL - no need to worry about spin on my wedges anymore!

I might buy some - keep 'um under 100 cr/sleeve!

RSS