Forums

Help › Forums

Southern England Links

Thu, Sep 26 2019 3:34 AM (57 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2019 12:54 PM

Cheers Carl.

Can i just add that we have an inhouse matchplay comp going on.

8 groups of 4 players and everyone plays each player in their group 3 times at different courses, before the top 2 in each group move onto the cup, and the bottttom 2 move onto the plate.

We are into the 3rd and final round of group games and not one match has been missed, and not one single disagreement. 

As shown by the above, and by entering 4 teams in the ongoing World Cup, we are a very organised matchplay club.

So there aint a lot we dont do hers at SEL, so if you want a part of the fun then please contact us.

I always send handy info alongside our website to any new member....so you wont be left to hang out to dry.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 3:31 PM

RANGER1988:

Southern England Link's has many opening's available for Membership, we only have 2 requests: that your an active player within the Club, and if you decide to take a break from the game, that you just courteously inform us of your absence. 

We do not just remove players, for the heck of it, but we do remove players for in-activity after a period of time, as most other competitive Club's do.

Within our private Club Forum, we have a special place in our chat-box where players gather to set up friendly matches and just to visit and chat with each other, it's one of our biggest high lights for communication. We also have our very own radio station, where our very own Paul (stobsbee) is our host DJ, we have general sections with Birthday notification's and wishes, ran by Alan (ascouriers) and our Professional Cake designer John (jgr123), and our very own newspaper updates with Tier up News ran by Rich (Dougal7)!

Southern England Link's has every type of game that any WGT'er could possibly wish for, from our League Play operated by Rob (DoubleEagleRob), Dotty (TdotDoba), & Rich (Dougal7), each of our League games are tied to our Monthly Cup Tournament's hosted by Nico (Nicozandberg), as well as our very own CTTH League each Month ran by Gerald (Geraldroos), In addition to the above we also have a Premium Tournament section that is full of a wide variety of different Competition's for a low credit fee ran by Pete (Bluey403), as well as our Quarterly Order of Merit Championship which is a series of weekly Tournament's spread over a 3 Month period of time hosted by Gerald (Geraldroos), and Paul (PaulBurtner).

Amid everything that you have seen so far we have Members that run their own Tournament's: The Selex Championship, a series of Event's including: The Survivor, Magnificent 7, and Aces High hosted by Darren (bubbsboy), as well as our very own in Club Weekly Brackets hosted by Terry (Terwyl1).

Along with a few of our Members hosting their own Fun Tournament's, hosted by Binky (binkybaxter1), Friedel (Ostfriedel) Jess (JessicaHill21), and Mark (Grace07), in which you can win some Credits and sleeves of balls for playing!

If CC VS CC is your tick, then come join our Inter CC Team led by Pip (Pipala), 50 plus Member strong activity, we have had the pleasure of playing some absolute brilliant CC's along the way and had an excellent experience with them and making new friend's along the way!

Now I can promise you that your great round's and successes do not and will not ever go unnoticed, because here at SEL we have a special group of Members that award you each month for them. We call them our Award's Team, they are Dotty (TdotDoba), Rob (DoubleEagleRob), CJ (cjadams28), and Kat (Justripit1), along with your Hole-In-One's and Ready Go's successes which are updated on our Forum each Month by Danny (xxDannyxxo)!

As Bubb's and others have said above, our Relief Team is among the best, always committing to the need of our great Members when needed!

As you can see, there is so much activity that goes into the Operation of Southern England Link's, and without the dedication of our Members and our Brilliant Management Team, none of this would be possible! You are all the very best!

So if you currently find yourself without a place to call Home, or your bored and looking for something more, Wall post me or one of our Club Director's with your interest!

Thanks,

Topper (RANGER1988)

• gordonparker
    823 Posts
    Fri, Jul 19 2019 3:37 PM

Stobsbee:

RANGER1988:

Southern England Link's has many opening's available for Membership, we only have 2 requests: that your an active player within the Club, and if you decide to take a break from the game, that you just courteously inform us of your absence. 

We do not just remove players, for the heck of it, but we do remove players for in-activity after a period of time, as most other competitive Club's do.

Within our private Club Forum, we have a special place in our chat-box where players gather to set up friendly matches and just to visit and chat with each other, it's one of our biggest high lights for communication. We also have our very own radio station, where our very own Paul (stobsbee) is our host DJ, we have general sections with Birthday notification's and wishes, ran by Alan (ascouriers) and our Professional Cake designer John (jgr123), and our very own newspaper updates with Tier up News ran by Rich (Dougal7)!

Southern England Link's has every type of game that any WGT'er could possibly wish for, from our League Play operated by Rob (DoubleEagleRob), Dotty (TdotDoba), & Rich (Dougal7), each of our League games are tied to our Monthly Cup Tournament's hosted by Nico (Nicozandberg), as well as our very own CTTH League each Month ran by Gerald (Geraldroos), In addition to the above we also have a Premium Tournament section that is full of a wide variety of different Competition's for a low credit fee ran by Pete (Bluey403), as well as our Quarterly Order of Merit Championship which is a series of weekly Tournament's spread over a 3 Month period of time hosted by Gerald (Geraldroos), and Paul (PaulBurtner).

Amid everything that you have seen so far we have Members that run their own Tournament's: The Selex Championship, a series of Event's including: The Survivor, Magnificent 7, and Aces High hosted by Darren (bubbsboy), as well as our very own in Club Weekly Brackets hosted by Terry (Terwyl1).

Along with a few of our Members hosting their own Fun Tournament's, hosted by Binky (binkybaxter1), Friedel (Ostfriedel) Jess (JessicaHill21), and Mark (Grace07), in which you can win some Credits and sleeves of balls for playing!

If CC VS CC is your tick, then come join our Inter CC Team led by Pip (Pipala), 50 plus Member strong activity, we have had the pleasure of playing some absolute brilliant CC's along the way and had an excellent experience with them and making new friend's along the way!

Now I can promise you that your great round's and successes do not and will not ever go unnoticed, because here at SEL we have a special group of Members that award you each month for them. We call them our Award's Team, they are Dotty (TdotDoba), Rob (DoubleEagleRob), CJ (cjadams28), and Kat (Justripit1), along with your Hole-In-One's and Ready Go's successes which are updated on our Forum each Month by Danny (xxDannyxxo)!

As Bubb's and others have said above, our Relief Team is among the best, always committing to the need of our great Members when needed!

As you can see, there is so much activity that goes into the Operation of Southern England Link's, and without the dedication of our Members and our Brilliant Management Team, none of this would be possible! You are all the very best!

So if you currently find yourself without a place to call Home, or your bored and looking for something more, Wall post me or one of our Club Director's with your interest!

Thanks,

Topper (RANGER1988)

So many competitions happening and many competitive prizes!

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 8:10 AM

Just a bump for this great CC before i go on my merry way after the weekend.

I and a few others carried out a lot of work in it and now my workload has been shared out amongst some other fantastic volunteers.

So all is well here and you wont find a better set of people than the majority in this club.

We maybe from all parts of the globe but the best wished ive received are overwhelming in truth.........they are the salt of the earth.

So if you wish to join an active friendly club, then this one, along with a few others i admire, would be a great choice.

I will log on more sparingly to WGT and they will be first club i will look at to see how tournaments are going when i do.

• FuturaUK
    1,359 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 8:48 AM

Hi,

Am totally new to the game - joined 24/07/19...

I use laptop to play this on...

I am ( at time of typing this ) a lowly level 19 ....

I am loving this game and while i am not 'competitive', ( i focus on beating the course, not my fellow players ),  I also love to better myself!

I am keen to learn how to play/improve and love nothing more than playing with  friends ..

I have send a request to become a member ... I read this post and  it persuaded me to apply.. hope I am successful.

There are no strangers in life .. just friends I have yet to meet!! :)

Regards

FuturaUK

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 10:00 PM

WGT will be a lesser place without you in it Bubba.

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 11:19 AM

Absolutely gutted Bubb`s.... Stay safe Brother.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 5:02 PM

I don't have as much time to keep up on things around here this time of the year and thinking I missed something here. Sincerely praying that one of my very first friends and confidante's around here is in good health and that all is well.

TP

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 8:39 AM

Glad your interested F,

We accept Masters and over so please look us up when you get there.

Cheers,

Dotty

• xxDannyxxo
    197 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 12:32 PM
    1stly BUBBS youll be missed a lot.

2ndly wanna advertize this club again

came here around 3 yrs ago wasnt expecting too much,but was in for a shock as this is a fantastically organised club..puts what its members want 1st , no need for me to mention what comps we have here as as that already been stated in previous posts .

but its our inhouse tourneys oom & league structure that keeps me more interested especially get togethers like alt shot etc

as usually always someone around for a game or 2whether it be alt/skins/ mp

& now with recent management changes to take us forward it would be a great time to join whether you be a master & up give us a thought you wont regret it im sure.
    & the key if you like playing with others is communication .

We have a great forum that is a must as it used to set everything up and to read reports/updates on our many competitions... We also have folk that greet you and  walk you through everything....

Danny.

RSS