Help › Forums

Forced to buy multiple boxes of balls in game

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 11 2019 2:04 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 4:38 PM

I had a -6 score at hole 6 on Wolf Creek when I found water with my last ball. I got an offer to buy new balls which I accepted, but nothing happened so I went out and bought credits and a sleeve of balls. That did not help, so I made my approach shot with the starter ball and then I got the offer again to either buy a new sleeve or continue with starter balls. 
    I thought, "ok, I can have another sleeve" so I bought balls, made a shot with my new Titleist Pro ball and next come the screen again "Buy a sleeve or continue with starter balls".
    I did not want to bu anymore balls. 

I do however want to be reimbursed for the full $50 I bought credits for since the only reason I did it was to save what could have been a magnificent round. A magnificent round destroyed by a bug in your software.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 4:56 PM

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 5:03 PM

I think you ruined your own round by not having enough balls in the bag before the round started. WGT didn't hit your last ball in the drink, you did.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 6:37 PM

That is hardly the issue here, is it?

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 6:38 PM

Thanks Don!

TopShelf2010:

You need to contact

Customer Support

directly for something of this nature.

Don

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 5:07 AM

Tightrope:

That is hardly the issue here, is it?

It was not the issue at all.....................CS will see the activity and have a track record of helping:) ..........As already agreed with you and don I see (at least I read the question first LOL)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 5:47 AM

This is an old bug that apparently resurfaced- you buy the balls in game but they don't show up in your bag. The workaround is to close the browser and reopen it, they will be there. You can also verify your purchase before continuing by looking at your account.

It looks like you tried 3 times and got balls for each purchase. Next time just restart your browser.  :-)

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 8:25 AM

YankeeJim:

It looks like you tried 3 times and got balls for each purchase. Next time just restart your browser.  :-)

I was not sure if I could've continued the game with a restart and I really wanted that -8 :)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 8:51 AM

Tightrope:
    I was not sure if I could've continued the game with a restart and I really wanted that -8 :)

While I get that and understand it, I don't understand why you feel WGT owes you a complete refund. You got the credits, and you were able to purchase sleeves of balls. Yes, you ended up purchasing 3 sleeves when you only needed 1. 

Clearly, you thought that you would eventually use up all the credits because you purchased $50 worth when you didn't need that much to purchase a single sleeve. 

At best, I think you could make an argument that you're entitled to a refund for two of the sleeves, provided you also allowed WGT to take those two sleeves out of your inventory. But a complete refund makes no sense. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 8:59 AM

Tightrope:
    I was not sure if I could've continued the game with a restart and I really wanted that -8 :

Just X out the browser and you'll be prompted to continue when you came back. But you already knew that.  ;-)

• PAGES
RSS