Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with Gonfission winter 2019 (actually wicked early spring 2019 lol)

Mon, May 6 2019 3:38 AM (108 replies)
  • LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 10:47 PM

Check it out Joe......

It's your pal.......  having some practice time in his front lawn.......

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 5:06 PM
    on the plane in 4 1/2 days....
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 1:38 PM

Gonfission asked me to post this for him.

Commentary from Joe coming shortly.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 2:07 PM

That don't look much like a golf shoe , MC. Hope it ain't gonna interfere with plans.

Doc :)

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 2:26 PM

Thanks Wayne

I can't post pics from my phone. So, Wayne was technically correct, in the event above. When the wife is home, NO PROBLEM. She puts them on the computer for me.

SO, this is a direct result of this past summers outings. I stretched the tendons in my foot from keeping all my weight, (plenty of that) on my right foot, for power driving.

I only drink water. The result of that is, massive muscle cramps at night. Fall out of bed type cramps. Apparently, I am stretching my tendons, & ligaments while sleeping, and causing more soreness.

The veterinarian I saw, two months ago, did nothing but LOOK at it. Thank the Gods for the internet,& medical supply stores.

$275.00 later for the hard boot, and it's fixing itself, slowly. If I have to, I will be using this in FL.

To keep my spirits up, I am going to impart some of my life stories to Mike on the plane. I have 3 hours, to see how many people, in how many rows, I can get to move to empty seats, else where  ;-)

My voice is somewhat baritone, and whispering just doesn't do it...

At the very least, I will be boarded first, when I cruise up to the gate in a wheel chair.

Must be positive about these inconveniences. Anything to get away from single digit temps, is positive. The stories are just to see how many brave people are left in this world.

LOL's.  I am hoping we get the emergency exit seats, with extra leg room, or, up front. Kick some business class worms, to the back of the bus.

I think Mike knows me well enough, to not let me actually in the seat, at the emergency door. One never knows what happens, when one doesn't pay attention to such insignificant details, such as "don't use it to de-plane", in ordinary circumstances.

Ask any of the guys that golfed together, and they'll all swear their lives on the fact, I am NO ordinary person.

Wayne has already prepped Mike, for what may be hidden in my luggage. I'm sure Mike is going to be looking for himself, just to make sure.  ;-))

"The Adventure Begins" ,  Remo Williams...

Hop a long, out

Edit: Mike introduced me to "ship sticks", a company that does exactly what its name implies. We shipped to a family member of his, in South FL..

I told him to have the relatives pay no attention to the Christmas tree like oder, emanating from the bag.

Then I remembered his sister is a Sheriff down there. To late...

Maybe I'll get a shiny new pair of bracelets when I arrive, & become the new "Florida man"......

🍸

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 4:39 PM
    No worries Doc... it's sorta like a helmet for his foot, apparently yo'uve never seen him drive a golf cart !
  • mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 3:05 PM

Have a great trip guys! Looking forward to the write-up and pictures.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 6:28 PM

you have no idea.....

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 1:38 PM

Too bad I didn't know about this sooner.  I'd be there with bells on.   Joe, let me know next time.  Thanks.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 4:20 PM

HenryKawa:

Too bad I didn't know about this sooner.  I'd be there with bells on.   Joe, let me know next time.  Thanks.

Henry, you do realize they are down in Naples, Florida.

I thought about it for awhile.  I am an 81/2 drive away, but those courses are way out of my league.

RSS