Forums

Help › Forums

Golf with Gonfission winter 2019 (actually wicked early spring 2019 lol)

Mon, May 6 2019 3:38 AM (108 replies)
  • alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 2:34 PM
    Joe......you do know how to get yourself into......and luckily and more importantly, out of, a pickle.....

The TSA "member" as you put it, are carefully, hand selected, vetted and groomed for the role.

For instance, if they smile or pass a pleasantry to any passenger or crew member at anytime during the interview, inductions or training and on-boarding process, they are summarily removed and deemed not fit for duty. If they break that cardinal rule, they are demoted to a desk job at best......but are open offered jobs as United Airlines check in staff.

So reading the above......it sounds like the TSA members at least retained their reputation......

I have never been singled out, although I know a first officer who was strip searched upon arrival at LAX.....primarily because he made a retort to a smart ass comment from the Immigration Officer. The lady who wanted to search him was border control personified.....350 pounds and had her sense of humor surgically removed......believe me....no one could get past her......perhaps that could be Mr Trumps solution......clone her and sit them shoulder to shoulder at the border.....and if they try to tunnel.....the ground would give way.....

So my strip searches were purely recreational.........wait.....strike that as TMI

On a serious note, for a long time I have been critical of airport and airline safety and the safety of passengers needs to be the priority for all stakeholders. The problem with that is all too often ill-informed parties have made calls on safety....ie. knee-jerk decisions are made that do little to actually improve safety. Then effective solutions are overlooked.....that would directly improve the safety of passengers. But they are not obvious to the public eye, so it boils down to perception.......

So please remove your shoes, take out your electronic equipment is seen to be doing something......but pysch testing of the flight crew consists of..."How are things at home"..........surely that is sufficient?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 2:46 PM

gonfission:
    It's twwoo, it's twwoo, In the native tongue of Lily von Schtupp......

LOL!!!!

Image result for Lili Von Shtupp it's twue

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 3:57 PM
    Honestly Al...the Israelis got it right...big nose and curly black hair...Come with me please lol
  • conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 4:03 PM
    BeachedMulligan:

This was a pretty good read guys. Not sure how i stumbled upon this, but Mustang and Flamingo are both about a mile drive from my house. Both are pretty fair courses that are certainly target golf, bunkers and water are in play on almost every shot but fairways are pretty wide. 

Tiburon has two courses, both of which are likely Top 10 courses here in Naples. I assume by your attire you played the easier of the two courses, the Black course? :) The other course is where the Greg Norman shootout is, and is pretty challenging. The Gold Course.  

Looks like you had a good time, and again i got a good chuckle reading. Cheers. 

Well, I thought Flamingo had too much water (HAHAHAHAHA), and I've always been a fan of Lee Trevino since i met him at Pleasant Valley near my home in Worcester (Avco Classic ?) 1970ish...Anyway...Yes we played The GOLD Course ! (also home of the LPGA CME Globe Championship)...Thank You Joe !!!
  • conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 4:15 PM

btw..I was 8 yrs old...got to go with my neighbor until they moved that tourney (later calledBank Boston Classic). Great story from 1975 when Roger Maltbie lost his winner's check at T.O. Flynn's Restaurant in Worcester. Back then it was only for $40,000. Great story by jason sobel on espn...google it lol.

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 3:50 PM

just a bump for now...

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 4:16 PM

No worries folks.

I'll get the last day done up this weekend.

^^^ See what I mean? This guy is a walking talking golf encyclopedia...

Glad to do it Mike. Save that amount you mentioned and the four of us will be back at it next fall, winter season.

Not seeing Johnny about, I though I dodged a bullet. He's BACK! Gonna have to figure out the best time of year to get over there.

Does it ever stop raining over there?

Edit: I miss Madeline Kahn, Mel Brooks, and the educational films he made, that guided me through my youth. Who could ask for a better mentor, when it came to reality?

"I didn't get a Harrumph outta that guy". Give the governor his Harrumph!

• conveyorguy
    767 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2019 4:23 PM

HARRUMPH !!!!   

From what i can tell, it only rains on days that end in a "Y"....

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 5:37 AM

And those that dont it pours ;-)

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 5:39 PM

gonfission:
    I'll get the last day done up this weekend.

Another weekend been and gone lol....

Uh oh.......would I be right in guessing Joe has had to fly somewhere else.....and is currently in the care of the TSA agents?

RSS