Forums

Help › Forums

Club invitations

Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:10 PM (35 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,894 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 4:43 PM

Yes, but some of posts above are brain dead.  (WGTChamp not included in that.)

I had a club owner tell me the work around, I spread it to others.

You just can't invite but if they ask you can admit them.  It is not a perfect situation, but stop acting like "OMG what do I do"

• Cowrinkle
    168 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 7:17 AM

That is what I have been doing. Just going to their wall and posting an invite. Thanks

• Cowrinkle
    168 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 7:23 AM

Thanks for all the replies. Just making the best of it till it is fixed. Thanks Champion for update!  

• AlaskanDame
    18,962 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 10:19 AM

Inviting people still works (sorta) on the mobile platform.  One way worked and one way didn't.

(1) On first screen, I went to "COUNTRY CLUB" (left side button).  Saw a button for owners tools.  That got me an option to "invite friends to country club."  But when I clicked that, I got a list of "unaffiliated friends" to invite that included only 4 people --- NOT including the friend who was the one I was wanting to invite. (and he's completely without a country club, so "unaffiliated" did apply).

(2) So then I went back to first screen that opens on platform.  Clicked on FRIENDS (another left side button).  Found the friend I wanted to invite, clicked and got that friend's profile.  The button was there for "invite to country club" like it would be on non-mobile profile.  Clicked it, and did not get the error message that I get on non-mobile.  I don't think he's online atm to accept the invite, so I don't know if it actually worked, but lack of the error message leaves me hopeful.

• AlaskanDame
    18,962 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 10:22 AM

BobApollo:

On a club home page, where all the club members are listed. At the bottom of that list in the right corner, at the edge of the right side of the page, IN GREEN it says Invite Members or something like that. click there and do the rest of what's needed.  

Those green colored Invite words are only there if the club owner gives club invite permission to the club members.  I think on the club owner club page it's always there.

Anyway it worked for me and I'm not going to explain it all in finer detail.

I found this button on my PC version.  Way down the member list where one normally sees "pending" members.  I tried it.  Got only 6 friends to invite, which is way fewer than friends not in my CC, and it did not include the guy I wanted.

So, the various ways to invite yield very different results . . . . 

Cheers,

AKD

UPDATE:  On PC, the list of pending members flashed very briefly when I went to club homepage.  (It used to be a static list showing after the list of members.)  I toggled a few times to give me a chance to read the names.  And the guy I was attempting to get through the mobile methods above DID show up on the list, so I'm pretty confident the mobile method #2 worked. 

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 6:21 PM

jacktrade51:

You just can't invite but if they ask you can admit them.  It is not a perfect situation, but stop acting like "OMG what do I do"

It's not quite that simple.

Some, if not most, cannot see a 'request to join button'

The only work around I have found for this is get their email address and email them a 'join token' through the club tools -> invite members -> send to friends outside of wgt

• DufferDuce
    96 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 7:48 AM

This supposed work around doesn't work.  Players cannot join my club on their own.  When they try to join they get a message to the effect "could no find club info."  And the 'invite new members' option at the bottom of my players list does not work either.

WGT just really does not like me or my club.

And they have responded to none of my emails when I have let them know of various problems with CC Invitations.

DufferDuce

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 1:50 PM

• MJwest1961
    5 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 3:34 PM

Unless you originally joined thru Facebook or any other, have Zero you 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 6:08 PM

WGTChampion:

It's been a chaotic couple weeks. I'm sorry I haven't made it in here sooner. We are currently working on the CC issues with the top priority being the invites. We're also working on the status issue on our profile pages. 

_CHAMPION 

Thank you Champion

RSS