Forums

Help › Forums

Club invitations

Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:10 PM (35 replies)
  • Cowrinkle
    168 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2018 2:36 PM

What is the latest on the problem with inviting new members to your club. The error message......Could not detect a valid invitation token. Please copy the complete invitation URL from the email you received and paste it into your browser....is still coming up?

I have been going to peoples profile page and inviting them on their wall post.

How do you invite from your owners tools or from your club page? The only people that I see that you can invite are your own friends in your friends list?

Thanks in advance...cowrinkle

• AJ50457
    562 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 12:45 PM

The same thing happened to me yesterday (12/29)... and still today.  I came into this forum to see if it was widespread.  Might as well report it to the golf gods.

I'm still awaiting a fix to the the Chat function.  I reported it almost 2 weeks ago and got a reply that it has been a problem for others... and then I received an email to evaluate the service.  I use the Chat function from the laptop to communicate updates to members, especially the mobile people.  It's very frustrating.  I have resorted to emailing club members from the owner's tools... but some have never opted in to receive emails.  Oh, well.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 1:50 PM

Cowrinkle:
    How do you invite from your owners tools or from your club page?
    This has been broken by the last update.

Use your own users' workaround:

Cowrinkle:
    I have been going to peoples profile page and inviting them on their wall post.

Happy hitting!

• Cowrinkle
    168 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 2:02 PM

Thanks

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 3:56 PM

wgt does not care as long as we keep buying and using those credits. They just care about themselves and noting about the ones paying the bills 

They can add a green circle and with + to let us know the sound effects are running low so we can BUY more but fix issues lol

That is how I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 6:57 PM

It's been discussed in other forum threads.

Bottom line, if he or she asks you to join the club, you can accept.  So you have to message them (friend them first) or post on their wall and get them to ask.

This is a work around, not a fix, but it is the temporary solution.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 4:38 PM

On a club home page, where all the club members are listed. At the bottom of that list in the right corner, at the edge of the right side of the page, IN GREEN it says Invite Members or something like that. click there and do the rest of what's needed.  

Those green colored Invite words are only there if the club owner gives club invite permission to the club members.  I think on the club owner club page it's always there.

Anyway it worked for me and I'm not going to explain it all in finer detail.

• HALFBACKFLANK
    416 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 11:44 PM

BobApollo:

On a club home page, where all the club members are listed. At the bottom of that list in the right corner, at the edge of the right side of the page, IN GREEN it says Invite Members or something like that. click there and do the rest of what's needed.  

Those green colored Invite words are only there if the club owner gives club invite permission to the club members.  I think on the club owner club page it's always there.

Anyway it worked for me and I'm not going to explain it all in finer detail.

This only allows you to send an invite if the player is on your friend list or you know their email.

• BobApollo
    2,039 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 5:00 AM

Good point HALFBACKFLANK.

So inviting a player to a club can involve more steps if the player isn't already on a club owner's friend's list.

Let's hope the Invite box on profile pages gets fixed, if as we think it's now broken.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 4:04 PM

It's been a chaotic couple weeks. I'm sorry I haven't made it in here sooner. We are currently working on the CC issues with the top priority being the invites. We're also working on the status issue on our profile pages. 

_CHAMPION 

RSS