Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 4:31 PM

lol behave yourselves you two, I thought 32 may be a wee light..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 4:39 PM

PAULFINN52:
    its open again to all clubs and there will be handicaps between tiers as i have always done

Is that where this is at?

• jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2019 6:38 PM

Black Diamond GC will field a team this year.

I saw a Black Diamond on the spreadsheet, but I wasn't sure if it was us in anticipation, or Black Diamond Hills.  There has been confusion between the 2 clubs before.

Anyway, thanks for the work you do on this.

Tom.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 3:14 AM

Yes mate its you and jim there will handicaps,will post over weekend 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 5:49 AM

PAULFINN52:
    there will handicaps

Cosa Nostra will sit this one out. 

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 6:30 AM

YankeeJim:

PAULFINN52:
    there will handicaps

Cosa Nostra will sit this one out. 

Thought World Cup was special with no strings attached !! Disappointed.. 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 6:56 AM

as a reply to you jimbo

was going to post this over the weekend but will do it now,

hey all

just a quick update on the progress

i have decided not to have a panel this year,i trust the two people that i work with more than any others out there so any decisions will be dealt with between me,nicos and dots.what we have come up with so far.

there will be handicaps in the group stages but not the knockout stages,
    we are thinking of lowering the handicap to level 97 and 61 and under and looking at any bandits,

squads will restricted to 12 players as theres not that many league games with so little games being played i cant see why anyone would want more players,

it will be 8 groups of 4 if i get 32  which may change as we get more involved.

the formats are being decided but dots come up with strokeplay/matchplay/strokeplay which will please the players who dont want to give holes away,i prefer stableford but it hasnt worked i think,

the matchplay it  could be an air shot on the fairway on 2 holes which will be picked by me as the 2 hardest par 4 holes of the course being played,

it will be a 90sec shot clock 7 timeouts but players can play any time but must do it when they are setting up times,dates as early as poss.

listen i know the best will always come through but i dont want to lose touch with the people who have to watch videos and pay for their equipment because they cant win any money because they do it for the love of the game,

i am giving them the opportunity to have a shot of playing the best wgt can offer and they know they probably wont win but  there will be such a buzz round their club and they can claim bragging rights they have played one of the greats and maybe even won a hole.

its up to you jimbo if you want to pull cosa out but its for a sad reason man

finny

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 7:34 AM

the matchplay it  could be an air shot on the fairway on 2 holes which will be picked by me as the 2 hardest par 4 holes of the course being played,

Paul ,does the above statement mean that in matchplay games there won't be a 2hole handicap but a 2 shot handicap?

just a little confused mate

Mike

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:25 AM

PAULFINN52:
    ts up to you jimbo if you want to pull cosa out but its for a sad reason man

Nothing sad about wanting to compete with the best.

Now if you would explain what an "air shot" is (I think I might now) and lowered the level to 85 I would consider putting it back in front of my CC.

Level 85 is the last level before you get to equipment that can hang with the top equipment. A level 97 Legend can stay there forever with the equipment available to them.

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:26 AM

yes mate just an idea we could use instead of conceding holes,its sort of handicap matchplay if you know what i mean lol,

as i said i fel lower tiers need a fighting chance at least to make it a bit respectable.

RSS