Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 12:03 PM

First of all congratulate the organizers of this event, very good work, and a lot of patience. Congratulations to all the teams that have participated. And congratulations to the champions

giraldin (Trangressional`s pirates)

• gordonparker
    823 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 2:11 PM

Congratulations to Paragon 1 on the world cup win.

WOOO DIABLOS. Well done team

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 4:07 PM

Massive Congratulations to Paragon Team 1 for taking the World Cup, Superb Lads!.

Huge round of applause to SEL Diablos for bringing home the Plate against the odds.

What a Huge success this Vision that Paul Finn had Years ago has now become, Great appreciation to Dotty, Nico & All the crew behind this Top Event. Hats off to all the great people who sponsored this Competition.

Well done Finny and Co and all the very best for Next Years Event..

A big Thank You to All who participated and made this special Yearly event the best of WGT and next Year I can only imagine WGT will be wanting to get involved in the sponsoring side of things that bring so many People from around the World together.

Thank You All For A Wonderful Tournament..!

• Trinbagoboy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 4:27 PM

As Captain of this years Brookline Country Club Team I would like to offer on behalf of the club and our team hearty congratulations to Paragon 1 and The SEL Diablos for their wins also damn well done to the other two finalists Hard Dance Junkies and East Coast CC 2 you were the creme de la creme of this years competition by reaching the final 4.

To the organisers Finny, Dotty, Nico and all the others behind the scenes I offer a grateful thank you for a truly glorious event that was superbly well run.

We are so looking forward to taking part again next year.

All the best and happy golfing to everyone

Robert aka Trinbagoboy

Brookline Country Club

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 4:46 PM

Congrats to Paragon winning WC this year, and SEL winning plate.

Well done Finny, Dotty, Nico, another great tourney

Foo

• alph51
    677 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 5:11 PM

Congrats to Paragon 1 and SEL Diablos. Many thanks to Finny, Dotty, Nico and all who contributed to this event. As a participant for ECCC 2, I had the pleasure of meeting and playing some great folks from Greece, Australia, a couple of gents from the UK, Canada and even one from my home , USA. I had a great time playing in this event and it is certainly the premiere event on WGT!

As a member of ECCC 2, I looked for us to take down the Plate but it is poetic justice for Finny and his mates to raise the Plate.

Thanks again and looking forward to next year.

Al

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 3:49 AM

Hello All,

Firstly I would like to give credit where it is most due. To the folks who organize and run this great tournament. It is a huge undertaking to run this event and requires a lot of patience dealing with us players :P Many thanks to those who put in the effort :)

TBR/f1dget: This club is no joke. They have some serious ability and it was no walk in the park playing against them. Almost every final match was extremely close and could have gone either way. Hats off to TBR they came to play and im sure next year they will be even stronger :O A big GG to Jay and his crew for putting up a quality show in final. We really enjoyed it.

There were tons of quality matches and fortunately with so many players streaming we got to witness a lot of it. There really was some top notch play from all of the cc's this year. Looking forward to seeing it all over again next WC :)

Jo

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 6:45 AM

Congrats to Paragon1 for winning the 2019 World Cup

Great final, thanks to both teams for twitching and some great matches. TBR have great heart and are never out of it as we (The Kumbaya ThunderChickens) experienced in the quarter finals. Paragons line up is so strong it is a very high mountain to climb, and that was proved throughout the tournament.

Many thanks to all the sponsors for their generosity.

I want to thank finny, Nico and someone who works very hard to make this presentation so very slick, he is already figuring out ideas to improve it for next year. That is Nigel (Wutpa) Thanks for your hard work and dedication to how we present this tournament. And thank you for all the hours you gave, helping me how to figure out just how the heck you do it lol.

This year gave us some new rules around twitching, air shots and other things. I want to thank everyone for their patience while we tried to figure it all out. I would also like to thank Gordon for your steadfast consul and wisdom as we navigated these waters.

I also noticed observing games on twitch that over some of these new rules there was some finger pointing going on. I would just like to say that if any finger pointing was needed, please point them straight at Myself, Nico or finny... that's what we're here for :) but I will add, that when we point a finger at someone, look down at your hand and you will see 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Once again it has been a blast and a privilege to serve and help bring this tournament to the great WGT community, and thanks again to finny who's vision to create a tournament to bring together players that may never otherwise have had a chance to meet, have fun and go for a spin, has lived up to all expectations and more.

Be kind to yourselves,

Dotty

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 7:03 AM

TdotDoba:

Congrats to Paragon1 for winning the 2019 World Cup

Great final, thanks to both teams for twitching and some great matches. TBR have great heart and are never out of it as we (The Kumbaya ThunderChickens) experience in the 1/4 finals. Paragons line up is so strong it is a very high mountain to climb, and that was proved throughout the tournament.

Many thanks to all the sponsors for their generosity.

I want to thank finny, Nico and someone who works very hard to make this presentation so very slick, he is already figuring out ideas to improve it for next year. That is Nigel (Wutpa) Thanks for your hard work and dedication to how we present this tournament. And thank you for all the hours you gave, helping me how to figure out just how the heck you do it lol.

This year gave us some new rules around twitching, air shots and other things. I want to thank everyone for their patience while we tried to figure it all out. I would also like to thank Gordon for your steadfast consul and wisdom as we navigated these waters.

I also noticed observing games on twitch that over some of these new rules there was some finger pointing going on. I would just like to say that if any finger pointing was needed, please point them straight at Myself, Nico or finny... that's what we're here for :) but I will add, that when we point a finger at someone, look down at your hand and you will see 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Once again it has been a blast and a privilege to serve and help bring this tournament to the great WGT community, and thanks again to finny who's vision to create a tournament to bring together players that may never otherwise have a chance to meet, have fun and go for a spin has lived up to all expectations and more.

Be kind to yourselves,

Dotty

thx dot your are too modest mate,youve done the lions share this year

i will put my final post and dont need to put too much now as dots got before me lol

finny

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 7:26 AM

pipala:

This is my 5th World Cup and I have to say it's been a pleasure to be involved in every one and also see it grow and improve year on year.

The biggest thank you though I feel has to go to the SEL Diablos team I co captained with Pete (Bluey) for not only getting us to the plate final but for getting us over the line to take the victory. Thanks again Dom and all at East Coast for a well fought final played in great spirits.

Wonderful win Diablos as you said played in great spirit. Well done Pip, Bluey and gang. Was joyful to see as Pete introduced me to the World Cup many years ago, he captained our CC team and we lost in the finals to CN.... He has captained or co-captained in every world cup I believe and so it is really great to see you bring home the plate... Well deserved Bluey mate, and well deserved Pip and the Diablos woo hoo!

With fond affection,

Dotty

RSS