Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • Tiewaz
    1,281 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 7:53 AM

PAULFINN52:

CUP FINAL

PARAGON 1 V  HARD DANCE JUNKIES

PLATE FINAL

SEL DIABLOS V EAST COAST 2

Massive congrats & a swag of good luck to this years finalists for the World Cup & Plate from The AAA's!

2 cracking matches coming up from 4 quality squads! 

Infinite thanks also to Finny, Dotty, Nigel, Nico, the prize sponsors & anyone else who helps to put this great gathering of CC's on!   Well done once again !

I hope that we see a heap of live streaming of these matches to round out the tournament....hint hint.....

Are the nominations open for next year yet? lol

All the best for the rest everyone!

Cheers,

Waz

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 8:44 AM

The  world cup of golf 2019

Hello all

Just over 3 months ago we started this comp and now we are down to the last 2 teams in the Cup and the Plate,

There have been some great matches and some of them could have gone either way even down the very last putt on one match,

The Cup

Paragon 1 v  Hard Dance Junkies

Both are newly formed clubs with a mixture of players from other top clubs to form two great teams,

Paragon 1 took on their second team and to be fair they gave them a good run for their money but the first team had that extra strength in their side to make the difference.

The Junkies entertained the reigning champs Wooden Tee who had lost a few players to the junkies and it made the difference coming down the stretch especially with their new players chipping in,

Paragon 1 are the favorites for this match on paper but if the wind starts to blow at St Andrews which it always does being a links course it could be anyone’s game.

The Plate

SEL Diablos v East Coast 2

East Coast have been struggling with players in the knockout stages and are down to their last 9 players but boy have they done well, after their close match with the patriots they run over Paragon 4 to reach the final,

The Diablos were in I would say the hardest group to qualify with the Bandits and the Junkies so it was looking like it was the Plate for us, they have played steady and not had much trouble getting through but the Pirates gave us a scare and a few matches went down to the wire.

I can’t call a favorite on this match perhaps the Diablos but again St Andrews doesn’t do favorites so its anyone’s game on the day really.

All the years I’ve done this comp I’ve finally got to a final so I’m happy and at the end of the day I started this comp as a way for people to make new friends and enjoy a chat while playing golf,

Mission accomplished lol,

Right onto the golf

World Cup ctth prizes

This has all holes/prizes and sponsors for all the holes played during the comp, any claims must be put on there with a screenshot or back up from your opponent please.

World Cup live streaming links

This is for any wishing to play their games live so we all enjoy and have the crack on there, no negative comments on these please.

The-Final

30th May to 13th June

18 Holes Matchplay

St Andrews golf club

RULES

No handicaps in the knockout stages which will please some players,

Each match will be played to a win or lose even with sudden death,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by the panel and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first,

Closest  to the pin for the Final  and sponsors

final
    30TH may to 13th june
    St Andrews
    ujjbnjk 2 sleeves hole 5 second shot on the green
    rfpoul 1 sleeve hole 8
    climatic 1 sleeve hole 10
    1irony 1 sleeve

second shot hole 17

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 8:47 AM

PAULFINN52:

The  world cup of golf 2019

Hello all

Just over 3 months ago we started this comp and now we are down to the last 2 teams in the Cup and the Plate,

There have been some great matches and some of them could have gone either way even down the very last putt on one match,

The Cup

Paragon 1 v  Hard Dance Junkies

Both are newly formed clubs with a mixture of players from other top clubs to form two great teams,

Paragon 1 took on their second team and to be fair they gave them a good run for their money but the first team had that extra strength in their side to make the difference.

The Junkies entertained the reigning champs Wooden Tee who had lost a few players to the junkies and it made the difference coming down the stretch especially with their new players chipping in,

Paragon 1 are the favorites for this match on paper but if the wind starts to blow at St Andrews which it always does being a links course it could be anyone’s game.

The Plate

SEL Diablos v East Coast 2

East Coast have been struggling with players in the knockout stages and are down to their last 9 players but boy have they done well, after their close match with the patriots they run over Paragon 4 to reach the final,

The Diablos were in I would say the hardest group to qualify with the Bandits and the Junkies so it was looking like it was the Plate for us, they have played steady and not had much trouble getting through but the Pirates gave us a scare and a few matches went down to the wire.

I can’t call a favorite on this match perhaps the Diablos but again St Andrews doesn’t do favorites so its anyone’s game on the day really.

All the years I’ve done this comp I’ve finally got to a final so I’m happy and at the end of the day I started this comp as a way for people to make new friends and enjoy a chat while playing golf,

Mission accomplished lol,

Right onto the golf

World Cup ctth prizes

This has all holes/prizes and sponsors for all the holes played during the comp, any claims must be put on there with a screenshot or back up from your opponent please.

World Cup live streaming links

This is for any wishing to play their games live so we all enjoy and have the crack on there, no negative comments on these please.

The-Final

30th May to 13th June

18 Holes Matchplay

St Andrews golf club

RULES

No handicaps in the knockout stages which will please some players,

Each match will be played to a win or lose even with sudden death,

Each match will have a 2 week timeline to complete

Any matches not completed on time will be looked at by the panel and a decision made on the result depending on evidence supplied,

Any players refusing to play will forfeit their match,

Once a match been played the result will stand so it’s up to all players to check the opponents tier before start of play,

I would suggest a 90sec shot clock with maximum timeouts, there’s no panic to get the game played and have a chat in-between,

if both players agree they can have 60 or 45 that would be their choice,

No focus boosts will be allowed during matches. Use of this tool will lead to a disqualification

Players please when posting results, I would like group number, teams and players please and a short post of the match,

Any team members giving advice on any shots/putts to another player on any chat forum and found out, the player and the adviser will be disqualified from the rest of the comp.

Let’s keep the forum busy but no negative comments from anyone, if you have problem contact your captain first,

Closest  to the pin for the Final  and sponsors

final
    30TH may to 13th june
    St Andrews
    rfpoul 1 sleeve hole 8
    1irony 1 sleeve

second shot hole 17

for some reason cant write below the box so il to all players enjoy this and lets have some great live matches please,

for the last time this year good luck all

finny

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, May 29 2019 10:29 AM

Carls on hols but I think I speak for Team 2's Captain (Carl) that we enjoyed our local derby outing against Team 1 & we wish them all the best In The Final against The Hard Dance Junkies (The Beat Ranch). Should be a great Final, Good luck to both teams.

Last & by no means least a BIG thanks to Paul, His Committee & all the people who helped out behind the scenes to again make this great WGT Community event happen again.

I thought the Air shot In The Group Stages was a great addition this year as opposed to conceding a whole hole like last year.

Well done all, Ken.

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 2:44 PM

1st match of plate

onekeano v korion450

brilliant match with keith, ended in 1up win for diablos, 

real close all the way, only for a few lips from keith could have easily gone the other way, 

see you soon in the your real homeland Keith:) pints of the black stuff waiting for you:)

ul bud was real close

17th below

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Thu, May 30 2019 3:20 PM

due to prizes not being claimed from the last round i have decided to carry them over to the final round

here are the new spot prizes

also we have a longest putt from all rounds still to be won

leading is ttuna1234    44ft

final
    30TH may to 13th june
    St Andrews
    rfpoul 1 sleeve hole 8
    1irony 1 sleeve second shot hole 17
    ujjbnjk 2 sleeves second shot hole 2
    rfpoul 1 sleeve second shot hole 13
    1irony second shot hole 15
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2019 1:56 AM

Final: TBR vs. Paragon

birchi wins 2&1 vs. LeHew

Nice round with Jake. He's a player after my own heart, never took more than 30secs for a shot which made it a very quick and enjoyable match. 

I decided the match with a hole out for eagle on the 16th which I'm sure must sound familiar to Paragon's captain ;)

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2019 4:49 AM

birchi:

Final: TBR vs. Paragon

birchi wins 2&1 vs. LeHew

Nice round with Jake. He's a player after my own heart, never took more than 30secs for a shot which made it a very quick and enjoyable match. 

I decided the match with a hole out for eagle on the 16th which I'm sure must sound familiar to Paragon's captain ;)

no live match simon,your both stream?

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2019 5:30 AM

PAULFINN52:
    ]no live match simon,your both stream?
    I don't stream anymore, my laptop does not allow it without me giving up 2-3 shots per round. Don't know if Jake streamed, I assume he did, but I don't know his Twitch-link

edit: There you go, starts around 00:40:00

RSS