skip nav

Forums

Meshing or Mapping??

Sun, Dec 30 2018 10:24 AM by TopShelf2010. 2 replies.
  • goldeena Thailand
    1,826 Posts
    Fri, Dec 28 2018 3:10 PM

I have recently been mapping out balls for use in my revamped predictor (which is giving some fine results b.t.w.), but on the way I discovered a 'new method' which appears to be both a lot more accurate and a lot more resourceful than the traditional method of shooting balls up fairways.....

Upon discovering that - despite my ball mapping methodology now being very precise, that the results, even though they make sense e.t.c..........well, they just don't work in the real WGT world (is a flat green really the best green to shoot on to in the first place??)!!

SAo as usual I endeavored over clash 89 to fine-tune my coefficients in-game, manually taking observations and making adjustments, and by the time I had finished my coefficient table looked nothing like the initial 'mapped out' version.

So I knew that I needed another way, and I have discovered that to be 'meshing' as I call it (the inventor gets to name it remember, that's a really nice reward as an inventor :-)

So what you do is that after you have a working table of coefficients for any particular ball - however you do it, which ever way you take your mapping data and apply it. You take this successful in-game set of coefficients and use them as the basis for the next ball up in spec!

So we might derive a set of coefficients for the level 35 Hex Chrome + (spin 2.5, distance 4), then use that table as the basis for the next ball up - let's say the level 45 Hex Chrome + (spin 3, distance 4.5), it will only need minor re-adjustments and it is good to go in a competition such as the clashes. This means you never waste 'ball' because you are always playing it in competition as you are 'meshing', nothing gets arduous and the results become ever more accurate and suited to in-game situation.

Once you have passed the coefficients from 1 ball to the next 3 or 4 times you can see - you have mapped a chain of balls all the way up to a very high spec ball, and whatsmore you now also have options and a nice set of balls at your disposal too :-)

Neat!!

'meshing' - new patent filed and pending, goldeena, december 2018 :-)

edit:

Doctor Larry is telling me I have been 'scooped' - that's when you think you did something new only to discover someone did it before you, hahahaha - well he's a 'doctor' so I am not arguing with him - but it's new to me, to move up the ball ladder in this way and it hadn't occured to me before.

Thanks as always to Doctor Larry for having a little peck, lols ....and Don - thanks :-)!!

vvvv

• DoctorLarry United States
    2,796 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 9:59 AM

Sorry - not really new, but the discussion may help others.

I am sure others here (including me) use this, or a very similar method.  I do a combination of mapping and recording results for each key shot on each hole of each course.  This gives me insight into how each hole plays and gives me more general input on adjusting the mapping.  I record all this since my memory is not as good as it used to be, since my brain storage is pretty much maxed out on more important stuff!

I then use previous maps, with this data and a very skeleton mapping of new equipment or balls to start the new cycle of recording and adjusting.

Rinse and repeat.

Edit -

This came out a little harsher than I intended.  Your "discovery" is important and probably useful to quite a number of people looking for ways to accomplish this.

It is all quite complex. but is fun for me to attack (and I think the same is true for you).

• TopShelf2010 United States
    8,854 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 10:24 AM

Thanks for the update D.

As previously mentioned, many a player has some sort of practice they use.

I personally find yours intriguing. Even though I do not have the brain power to wrap my head around it. LOL

Keep up the good work.

Don

RSS