Forums

Help › Forums

Subway Gift Card Payment Announcement *UPDATE 1/10*

Tue, Feb 26 2019 4:27 PM (35 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:01 AM

Hi everyone. 

For anyone who uses gift cards through openbucks as a payment method to make purchases in WGT:

We have received word that it is extremely likely that Openbucks will no longer accept Subway gift cards as a way to make WGT purchases. Openbucks will still accept gift cards from other places like CVS, Dollar General and oBucks gift cards. 

Sorry to anyone this impacts. 

Please be aware that this change is set to be made on Jan 1. 

_CHAMPION 

UPDATE: We just received word that OpenBucks will continue to take Subway gifts for "a few more months" 

I will continue to update with any additional details as we receive them. 

UPDATE 1/10: Openbucks has provided us with an official statement that Subway gift cards will no longer be accepted after April. They also announced some new gift card options they will accept soon from WalMart and CanadaPost. 

The full statement can be found HERE

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 8:09 AM

Thanks for the heads-up Champ.  That is a method I use quite often to get credits.  I know a few others that do as well so I will make sure they know about it too.

-Hazen

• dandycap
    1,808 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 10:56 AM

Good timing Champ.    I was about to purchase a Subway card tomorrow.   Now I won't have to eat it.

How about an e-mail to all members.   Judging by our country club members, many don't read the forums.   It would be appreciated.

--    just dandy

• OklaSunRise
    80 Posts
    Fri, Dec 28 2018 11:03 AM

I am disappointed. Seems that other companies have pulled out also.

If they eliminate the last two, I will no longer play this game. I will not put financial information on the internet.. Been hacked long ago and learned to never do that again. 

I like playing this game, but not at that expense. Are they trying to get other companies to get involved ?

Ken ( Oklasunrise )

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Dec 28 2018 12:18 PM

Thank you, that's good to know. I had a few Subway cards laying around. I went ahead and used them today before it was too late.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dave. 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Dec 28 2018 12:22 PM

OklaSunRise:

I am disappointed. Seems that other companies have pulled out also.

If they eliminate the last two, I will no longer play this game. I will not put financial information on the internet.. Been hacked long ago and learned to never do that again. 

I like playing this game, but not at that expense. Are they trying to get other companies to get involved ?

Ken ( Oklasunrise )

PayPal is a good alternative to put an extra layer of security between you and wherever you may make purchases on the internet. Additionally, many card companies allow you to create alternate cards through their services so you don't have give your real info. 

_CHAMPION 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 1:39 PM

As a Subway gift card user I saw this and then noticed I drive by a Dollar General store twice a day! Needless to say, their reloadable card works just fine.  :-)

• SandhillCraneGC
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 7:21 AM

OklaSunRise:
    Seems that other companies have pulled out also.

can I ask which companies are still involved or not?

the Subway sign was still there when I went to take advantage of the buy 500 credits and get 500 free **confused**

and can I use the Topgolf gift card here on WGT? got some for my b\day last year and had a good night in Miami gardens with them.

Thanks in advance

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 10:30 AM

We have received word that it is extremely likely that Openbucks will no longer accept Subway gift cards as a way to make WGT purchases. Openbucks will still accept gift cards from other places like CVS, Dollar General and oBucks gift cards. 

There is your answer from WGT Champion

• SandhillCraneGC
    11 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2019 6:24 AM

SandhillCraneGC:
    and can I use the Topgolf gift card here on WGT?

doesn't answer that ;0

RSS