Forums

Help › Forums

avg score to reach champion tier

Sun, Dec 3 2023 7:31 PM (88 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,831 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 8:11 PM

Robert1893:
    They won't reply with the exact criteria. I'm guessing here's the closest statement you'll ever get from WGT.

Actually that statement is dead wrong.

The exact maximum (worst) criteria to move up to next tier has been published up to Champion.  Many times; easy search!

What they have held in reserve is criteria that might move a player up sooner, based on performance in premium WGT tournaments, weekly tournaments or anything else that might trigger interest.

Having moved, like many of us, from Hack to Champ, I was actually moved up 2x early.  But not on last 3 moves to Legend, TL and Champ.

Tom.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 9:06 PM

jacktrade51:

Actually that statement is dead wrong.

The exact maximum (worst) criteria to move up to next tier has been published up to Champion.  Many times; easy search!

What they have held in reserve is criteria that might move a player up sooner, based on performance in premium WGT tournaments, weekly tournaments or anything else that might trigger interest.

Having moved, like many of us, from Hack to Champ, I was actually moved up 2x early.  But not on last 3 moves to Legend, TL and Champ.

Tom.

The statement is not "dead wrong." What I wrote is correct. I wrote that it's the closest answer the person will get from WGT. You understand that I'm referring to someone who works for WGT and not just someone who posts on the discussion board, yes? 

Over the years, the criteria published on these boards have not been published by WGT. The criteria have been published by players who have figured it out through experience. In fact, at various times, I've even posted/shared the criteria. So, I don't have to search for it. 

Regardless, if you were to follow the link I posted to WGTadmin's post on this, you'll see where he basically says the same thing. I didn't include the last part because it wasn't relevant to my response or point. Here's a copy and paste of what I left out.

Finally, most of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/9085/707139.aspx#707139

Besides, if you want further proof that what I wrote is correct, just look at the response patfrenchy received from WGT (see page 1 of thread). 

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 11:05 PM

100% correct, Robert!

The quoted hint has been the only relevant official answer in years, and it blurs the sight by naming the well-established  facts "close estimates". The only other was the "200" saturation no. given by Icon(?) once.

Otherwise, it has exclusively been a guessing game of forum users for the precise numbers to reach TL, C and now TC.

• patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 1:03 AM

just a precision, my question was NOT how to reach champion tier.

it was : why after a few months where my avg only decreases when i play well and stays at the same value when i play not well or bad, suddenly for a few days my avg decreases / increases /decreases/.....

I thought it was a rules where avg only decreases after a certain number of ranked rounds played

Patrick

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 1:18 AM

• patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 1:34 AM

Thank you Don and "Joyeux Noël" too

I agree with you :  "don't worry and enjoy.."

The only thing is that when you fix a goal to reach (for example access champion tier) and rules change it is a bit frustrating

i wil change my goal then. it will be : give money to wgt ;-)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 1:37 AM

patfrenchy:
    it was : why after a few months where my avg only decreases when i play well and stays at the same value when i play not well or bad, suddenly for a few days my avg decreases / increases /decreases/.....
    I'm afraid that we don't know for sure. In the past, top tiers have been subject to newly opened volatility, just to delay progression to a new top tier. But, C is not the new top tier, thus there is no visible reason for such an (unconfirmed) procedure.

patfrenchy:
    I thought it was a rules where avg only decreases after a certain number of ranked rounds played
    The rule connected to saturation is a tad different, but you describe the usual outcome. Alas, rules are at the discretion of WGT - they have been changed a lot around here.

My experienced guess to your observation is a simple flaw, initiated when the conditions for TC were implemented.

That happens when QA is lost in "Bielefeld" ;)

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 7:01 AM

patfrenchy:
    just a precision, my question was NOT how to reach champion tier.

While the clarification is appreciated, you did title the thread, "avg score to reach champion tier."

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 7:05 AM

alosso:
    My experienced guess to your observation is a simple flaw, initiated when the conditions for TC were implemented.

I think that's what happened as well. I don't think they went in and purposely tweaked the number. I think it's just a glitch that will be fixed. 

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 8:15 AM

Robert1893:

alosso:

I think that's what happened as well. I don't think they went in and purposely tweaked the number. I think it's just a glitch that will be fixed. 

It will be interesting to see what happens. Being relatively new to WGT, my observation was that having saturation at 500 rr for legends created a log jam in that tier, while 200 at tour legend made for nothing more than a quick pit stop. It would make sense to me to even out those two tiers a little, maybe make legend 100-200 less, and TL 100-200 more. (note: I am not saying that would be fair to those already established in those tiers. I am just saying it would make sense) I have not heard of any changes in the legend tier, but I doubt that anyone would notice such a change yet. There are very few legends keeping track of all 500 rr to reach saturation.

RSS