Forums

Help › Forums

avg score to reach champion tier

Sun, Dec 3 2023 7:31 PM (88 replies)
  • offthedeck
    109 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 6:09 AM

Rumor has it that the new number is 1000rr to get from tour legend to champion.Original number of games was 250 then 750 now 1000.My opinion this is just a money grab.Rabbit and carrot sort of thing.

Offthedeck

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 10:37 AM

offthedeck:

Rumor has it that the new number is 1000rr to get from tour legend to champion.Original number of games was 250 then 750 now 1000.My opinion this is just a money grab.Rabbit and carrot sort of thing.

Offthedeck

750 RR from TL to Champion. I reached it in January.

I still have 600 RR to go for Tour Champion to make my 1,000. You have to get your average down to 59 also for Champion.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 11:09 PM

offthedeck:
    My opinion this is just a money grab.Rabbit and carrot sort of thing.
    Grinding is an important part of the business model (probably of all online games).

• lawdog008
    56 Posts
    Tue, Jul 21 2020 4:18 PM

So I just reached tour legend..If I'm reading this correctly, I'll now have to play as a tour legend for about 2 years give or take a week...If I avg 1 ranked round a day.  750 is an absurd amount of RR's to advance one tier, but oh well..

• Connorjwebb123
    421 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 8:52 AM
    lawdog008:

So I just reached tour legend..If I'm reading this correctly, I'll now have to play as a tour legend for about 2 years give or take a week...If I avg 1 ranked round a day.  750 is an absurd amount of RR's to advance one tier, but oh well..

750 is correct. Took me a month lol. But enjoy the ride and congrats on getting TL.
  • SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 1:55 PM

lawdog008:

Well, it's not just 750 RRs.  It's 750 RRs with a 59 average.

But then again, it looks like you're one of those people who plays a bazillion "Lower Your Avg" tournaments, so maybe you'll be there at 750 RRs.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 2:21 PM

@SamSpayed 

I hear ya. Personally, I'll never make it to Tour Champion. Not only am I content where I'm at, but I could never get my average down to the requirement unless I played a bunch of red-tee rounds. 

If people choose to do take that approach, that's fine. Obviously, it's their choice. But I don't understand why some then brag about attaining tiers that way. For me, if I can't do it from the default tees, I haven't really accomplished anything. 

• Bushbeater4
    1,400 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 6:33 PM

DonCaron:
    750 RR from TL to Champion.

Is there a simple way to see how many RR's I have played as a TL.... I know I have been a TL for almost two years and have played tons in that time and think I have 750 RR's but not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

• Dutch503
    14 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 7:21 PM
    People have been trying to determine how many ranked rounds they have played in their current tier, and are not sure how many they need to play in order to level up to the next lever. I have a formula to share for those interested. First you will need a baseline for your average that is to the 4th decimal. For example you current score is 59.4310. This will be you baseline. Second you will need to play a round of golf. Let’s say you play 9 holes and put up a 27. You will need to double the number to get to a 18 hole number. This will be a 54 off of a 9 hole 27 score. After you play this round you will want to see what your new average is. Let’s say your new average is now 59.4034. You will need to take your baseline number of 59.4310 and subtract your new average of 59.4034. In this case the number would be .0276. From here you will take your new average 59.4034 minus your last round of 54. This equals 5.4034. Take the 5.4034 and divide it by your drop in average(5.4034/.0276). This will give you a number of 195.77. This is how many ranked rounds you have in your current tier.
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2020 9:14 PM

Bushbeater4:
    Is there a simple way to see how many RR's I have played as a TL...
    There's one simple way, and a few not so simple ways:

1) Compare the current RRs to the number on tier promotion (if you've written it down somewhere).

If you have no note, you may only see if your TL average is saturated @750 RRs or not. You are above saturation when

2) you have experienced a period of "unnormal" plunge in the average, regardless of not-so-good scores,

3) or if higher scores (like the series of 33s / 66s you had Tuesday) did not raise your average. What happened on your 72 score on Monday? If should definitely have moved your average up unless saturated!
    You may also voluntarily post another round of 36 / 72 and observe the average for the same effect.

If you're into maths, you may

4) observe subsequent scores and averages over some period of time and set up a spreadsheet calculation of the probable no. of scores.

Or, just be a happy player enjoying the games without fixating on the big moment. You have still some way to go to reach 59 anyway...

RSS