Help › Forums

avg score to reach champion tier

Sun, Dec 3 2023 7:31 PM (88 replies)
  • alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 1:10 PM

DodgyPutter:

alosso:
    The "reward" = tier promotion comes from WINNING credits in tournaments and matches and from WINNING matches against higher tiers.

I'm not sure, it depends what wgt think of as "winning".  If I pay 100c to enter a rg and my placing in it means I get 100c wgt congratulate me on "winning 100c".  Of course I didn't, I just didn't lose it this time.

OTOH, there are free tournaments where you can WIN credits w/o spending.

Thus, it's exactly that. No matter how much you invested, the WIN contributes to promotion when added to your account.

• WWilliams46
    91 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 1:30 PM

Well I tried to reply earlier but apparently it did not take so I will try again.

Thank you to all who did reply to my post and I realize now that I probably did not explain what I meant very clearly.  Your responses have given me more food for thought as well.  I do not have a problem with WGT taking tournament finishes in account with regards to tier advancement as long as they do it for both premiums (RG) as well as weekly free tournaments they post for no entry and no purse that are tier specific as then they can see how a player stacks up as well in both, not just purse tourney's.  The post I originally quoted from admin seem to indicate that more "weight" was given to premiums.  IF that is not the case then I am wrong.  We will never really know as WGT keeps it to close to the vest and does not let us know exactly what does and doesn't count.  I just know from my experience that it takes the low rounds, head to head does not make a difference like it did years ago (vs a higher tier) and I do not play many premiums as I cannot shoot low 50's like so many.

Thanks for the feedback.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Tue, May 21 2019 10:24 PM

The admin post would remain a tad blurry - to us, it was the closest official explanation that would be given.

Furthermore & to be clear, "matches" mean single player Match Play on PC.
    A/S don't count (neither is accessible on mobile), nor do head to head or "room" mobile games (which are deemed practice rounds BTW).

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 1:01 PM

WWilliams46:
    We will never really know as WGT keeps it to close to the vest and does not let us know exactly what does and doesn't count. 

LOL !

You know all you need to know about this!  Which, incidently, is what WGT would say - if they said anything!

Made my day!

• Dutch503
    14 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 7:03 AM

Ok fellas. People have been trying to determine how many ranked rounds they have played in their current tier, and are not sure how many they need to play in order to level up to the next lever. I have a formula to share for those interested. 

First you will need a baseline for your average that is to the 4th decimal. For example you current score is 59.4310. This will be you baseline. 

Second you will need to play a round of golf. Let’s say you play 9 holes and put up a 27. You will need to double the number to get to a 18 hole number. This will be a 54 off of a 9 hole 27 score. 

After you play this round you will want to see what your new average is. Let’s say your new average is now  59.4034. You will need to take your baseline number of 59.4310 and subtract your new average of 59.4034. In this case the number would be .0276. 

From here you will take your new average 59.4034 minus your last round of 54. This equals 5.4034. Take the 5.4034 and divide it by your drop in average(5.4034/.0276). This will give you a number of 195.77. This is how many ranked rounds you have in your current tier. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Sun, Jun 23 2019 12:17 PM

Dutch503:

Ok fellas. People have been trying to determine how many ranked rounds they have played in their current tier, and are not sure how many they need to play in order to level up to the next lever. I have a formula to share for those interested. 

First you will need a baseline for your average that is to the 4th decimal. For example you current score is 59.4310. This will be you baseline. 

Second you will need to play a round of golf. Let’s say you play 9 holes and put up a 27. You will need to double the number to get to a 18 hole number. This will be a 54 off of a 9 hole 27 score. 

After you play this round you will want to see what your new average is. Let’s say your new average is now  59.4034. You will need to take your baseline number of 59.4310 and subtract your new average of 59.4034. In this case the number would be .0276. 

From here you will take your new average 59.4034 minus your last round of 54. This equals 5.4034. Take the 5.4034 and divide it by your drop in average(5.4034/.0276). This will give you a number of 195.77. This is how many ranked rounds you have in your current tier. 

Basically right except it is still quite approximate.  You will not find your average to four decimal places here on PC and I could not find it on mobile.  You will also need to play a round with a large difference with your current average to have a chance a a decent estimate of number of ranked rounds.  This will provide an estimate that is better than nothing but is not terribly accurate.

One can do a much more complicated calculation using multiple game scores, but I will not even try to explain it!!  This is close enough if one can play a game with a large differential between score and average.

When one does tier up, make a note of the number of ranked rounds at that point, and then you can alway know the number at any point after that.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 2:04 AM

On PC, certainly only two decimals. On mobile, there must be as path to more decimals.

Alas, it doesn't really matter. You just have to make this reverse calculation for a few more subsequent rounds (10 is more than enough).

OTOH, saturation is only one factor - more important for most is the average, and you will recognize saturation in the big average jumps!

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 6:01 AM

DoctorLarry:

Basically right except it is still quite approximate.  You will not find your average to four decimal places here on PC and I could not find it on mobile.  You will also need to play a round with a large difference with your current average to have a chance a a decent estimate of number of ranked rounds.  This will provide an estimate that is better than nothing but is not terribly accurate.

To find the four decimal average on mobile you need to play a ranked round, then start a game either in a coin game or play a h2h friendly game with a friend. While waiting for the game to start the four decimal places will show. 

Note: you don't need to actually play the coin or h2h game to add the info to the calculations.

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 1:38 PM

middbrew:

To find the four decimal average on mobile you need to play a ranked round, then start a game either in a coin game or play a h2h friendly game with a friend. While waiting for the game to start the four decimal places will show. 

Note: you don't need to actually play the coin or h2h game to add the info to the calculations.

I tried that a few times a couple of weeks ago and it did not work for a coin game. 

Don't know - I think it used to work.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Wed, Jun 26 2019 5:58 AM

DoctorLarry:

middbrew:

I tried that a few times a couple of weeks ago and it did not work for a coin game. 

Don't know - I think it used to work.

That's interesting. It works every time for me. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact you play on the PC for your ranked rounds. But who knows.

RSS