Forums

Help › Forums

avg score to reach champion tier

Sun, Dec 3 2023 7:31 PM (88 replies)
  • Viking772
    16 Posts
    Sat, Feb 23 2019 5:42 AM

I advanced to Champion this morning.  I am prepared to declare that the advancement requirement to go from Tour Legend is 750 countable ranked rounds.  I had 753 total RR but 3 rounds were non-countable par 5 only rounds.

My scoring average was 57.89 at advancment so I cannot vouch for whether a 59.0 scoring average remains the Champion requirement, though I would think that hasn't changed. I have no intentions of tracking my RR for purposes of confirming the next advancement to Tour Champion. I'll let someone else take that on.

Viking772 on this date February 23, 2019. Freedom!  Good luck to you all and thanks for sharing!

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2019 10:57 AM

• TAustin1964
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2019 9:05 AM

Viking772:

I advanced to Champion this morning.  I am prepared to declare that the advancement requirement to go from Tour Legend is 750 countable ranked rounds.  I had 753 total RR but 3 rounds were non-countable par 5 only rounds.

My scoring average was 57.89 at advancment so I cannot vouch for whether a 59.0 scoring average remains the Champion requirement, though I would think that hasn't changed. I have no intentions of tracking my RR for purposes of confirming the next advancement to Tour Champion. I'll let someone else take that on.

Viking772 on this date February 23, 2019. Freedom!  Good luck to you all and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for this bit of news, was wondering what was going on. I was saturated and now my average is creeping back up, so I guess I might have 400 + rounds or so to go by this news. No panic on the Titantic....;)

• grossstadtkerl
    267 Posts
    Tue, Apr 9 2019 3:04 PM

Basically, listed below is the tier progression since December 2018. Remember that custom courses, par 3s, and par 5s don't count for average. Also, your average resets with each tier advancement. Finally, the number of rounds indicated is the number of rounds at that tier and not number of total rounds played. 

• When you have played at least 5 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 100.00 you go from Hack to Amateur. 
    • When you have played at least 10 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 80.00 you go from Amateur to Pro. 
    • When you have played at least 20 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 72.00 you go from Pro to Tour Pro  
    • When you have played at least 25 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 67.00 you go from Tour Pro to Master  
    • When you have played at least 40 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 63.00 you go from Master to Tour Master 
    • When you have played at least 50 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 61.00 you go from Tour Master to Legend 
    • When you have played at least 500 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 60.00 you go from Legend to Tour Legend
    • When you have played at least 750 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 59.00 you go from Tour Legend to Champion 
    • When you have played at least 200 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 55.00 you go from Champion to Tour Champion
    • When you have played 200 ranked rounds, you saturate at Tour Champion.
  • Viking772
    16 Posts
    Sat, Apr 13 2019 6:49 PM

Thanks for the post!

Sb

• Viking772
    16 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2019 9:40 AM

How many rounds as Champion before to reach saturation? Is it 750?

Viking 772

• MaDch
    13 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 11:41 AM

I turned Legend in Sep 2018 and my average went up to almost... well very high... before coming down to about 65.9 after about 580 rr. It had never gone up after 500 rr again until very recently (last update) it did start to climb after bad rounds!

Two possibilities:

Either the number required has been increased from 500 to - wild guess: 750

or

WGT has fixed what has always been a mistake in that par3, par5 and custom courses don‘t influence average but were counted as rr towards saturation anyway, which is not logical.

I shall find out if the latter is true in about 43 proper rr when I‘ll reach 500 of those.

Now they just need to take those „non-counting rounds“ out of the players stats as well.

And of course introducing player stats since last tier change would be nice but I believe this request has been posted many times and is falling on deaf ears.

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 1:20 PM

MaDch:

I turned Legend in Sep 2018 and my average went up to almost... well very high... before coming down to about 65.9 after about 580 rr. It had never gone up after 500 rr again until very recently (last update) it did start to climb after bad rounds!

Two possibilities:

Either the number required has been increased from 500 to - wild guess: 750

or

WGT has fixed what has always been a mistake in that par3, par5 and custom courses don‘t influence average but were counted as rr towards saturation anyway, which is not logical.

The number for saturation at Legend has remained at 500. And, as far as I know, the par 3s, par 5s, and custom courses were never counted for either average or for number of ranked rounds at that tier. Or if they did, that was before 2015. 

I kept a spreadsheet of all of my rounds. I only reached saturation at Legend tier when I had 500 ranked rounds that counted for average. 

• jimstinson67
    3,254 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 1:35 PM

Viking772:

How many rounds as Champion before to reach saturation? Is it 750?

Viking 772

• When you have played at least 200 ranked rounds - and your average score is equal to or lower than 55.00 you go from Champion to Tour Champion
  • alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 9:36 PM

Robert1893:
    as far as I know, the par 3s, par 5s, and custom courses were never counted for either average or for number of ranked rounds at that tier.
    Sorry to contradict you.

They do not count towards the average, but they have always been counted as ranked rounds when they appear in the score history, and they have always counted towards any other statistics.

RSS