Help › Forums

avg score to reach champion tier

Sun, Dec 3 2023 7:31 PM (88 replies)
  • BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 8:23 AM

lonniescott711:

Viking772:

I reached Tour Legend on Dec 10th. I have now logged 473 ranked rounds since and I am still not Champion or saturated with a 57.71 average. Just added some stats to the discussin.

Viking772

Since the new tier opened I think those numbers changed .Not absolutely sure others may be more so . Also when do you sleep and whats the hurry ? Its just another title and it wont really change anything . Other than the green speeds there is nothing else . So slow down and take your time . All you have to do is play and you will get there .

He didn't claim to be in a hurry. He was just providing more info.

Thanks Viking. 

• Viking772
    16 Posts
    Thu, Jan 31 2019 5:53 AM

UPDATE: I am now at 608 ranked rounds. I am not saturated. My average sits at 57.69. No advancement yet. Merely more data. I have no complaints or agends. It makes sense to me that each suceeding tier would require more rounds and a lower scoring average than than the tier prior.

Viking772

• golfingguitarist
    56 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 3:49 PM

I now have over 900 ranked rounds as a Tour Legend. I had reached the previous saturation point a long time ago & got my avg. down to a 59.24. It is now 60.45 & still rising since the update. I am afraid that the number of RR for TL's has been set to at least 1000. I will report back after I reach 1000 RR & we will see...  really has taken a lot of joy out of the game. It took a long time to get down that low & is now skyrocketing. Grrrr....

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2019 10:05 PM

My two Pfennig, to both of you:

Like they did before, they have probably taken part of the saturated pool of scores away from the calculation, be it the last (200?) or the best (200?). We can't imagine why they'd hit TLs in union with Cs on their way to TC.

Thus you'd have to count from the introduction of TC to reach saturation again, and grind to replace the good scores lost.

Thou Shalt Grind, that's the business.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2019 5:55 AM

alosso:
    Thus you'd have to count from the introduction of TC to reach saturation again, and grind to replace the good scores lost.

I think this is correct. As of the 19th Dec any Champion who was not promoted had 200 ranked rounds, all the others were discarded at saturation, so the count is from there to the new saturation. 

Edit: Well maybe mostly correct, I don't think any good scores were lost at the update and I'm not entirely sure if it was suggested they were.

• golfingguitarist
    56 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2019 2:39 PM

Thou Shalt Grind... that is funny as hell! And so true. :) 

• Viking772
    16 Posts
    Sun, Feb 10 2019 9:29 AM

Thank you Golfinggitaurist for your input.

Since advancing to Tour Legend on Dec 10th I have 662 RR and a 57.96 average. Please let me know when you hit 1000 RR or advance.

VIKING772

• Viking772
    16 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 6:29 AM

Guitarist,

At any point were you at or below a scoring average of 59.00?

Do you know how many of your 900 plus rounds since Tour Legend are "countable" for tiering?

Do you know the exact date that you made Tour Legend?

Thanks for any input.  I sit at 683 ranked rounds since advancing to Tour Legend as of this writing.

Take care,

Viking772

• olliehe
    167 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 11:12 AM

Well I recently tiered up to TL and now have 163 RR s  and its like I am beginning all over again. I use to be able to shoot -5 on average for 9 holes on most courses. Now I am lucky to shoot -3 on a good round on the easy courses. I have played 13 greens for years and putted fine, now I am a TL cant make a 6 footer with break which is killing my game. Anyone  else having the same problem or is it just me? Used to love playing this game but the putting has made me wanna hang up the clubs........Just saying as the ave goes up and up

• Viking772
    16 Posts
    Thu, Feb 14 2019 9:51 PM

It's just you! LOL!

Happens to me often particularly putting. It has been my experience that when some aspect of my game "disappears" that it will return given time. Most often when I go back to the basics. Hang in there my friend.

Viking772

RSS