Sun, Dec 3 2023 7:31 PM (88 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 8:53 AM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 10:31 AM

BPeterson8256:
    I have not heard of any changes in the legend tier, but I doubt that anyone would notice such a change yet. There are very few legends keeping track of all 500 rr to reach saturation.

I think it's more likely that it would have been noticed.  Say they cut it from 500 to 300 rounds for saturation which 200 rounds do the get rid of.  The best or worst would have seen sizable changes in the averages of those that are saturated.  If they somehow took out the middle rounds, seems complicated and generally unlikely, then it'd be less so.

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 5:17 PM

TopShelf2010:

BPeterson8256:
    There are very few legends keeping track of all 500 rr to reach saturation.

And dare I mention to say that there are those that reach Legend and then....

oh nevermind. 

LOL

Merry Christmas

Don

LOL indeed!  I "suddenly" reached Legend on Nov 31 after thinking I need to lower my average a point or two - and thinking I had more time to practice and get a few credits at TM.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 9:06 PM

If that kind of change had been made to Legend, my average would have dropped a bunch. Since it hasn't moved, I take it the only saturation change has been made to TL.

BPeterson8256:

Robert1893:

alosso:
    My experienced guess to your observation is a simple flaw, initiated when the conditions for TC were implemented.

I think that's what happened as well. I don't think they went in and purposely tweaked the number. I think it's just a glitch that will be fixed. 

It will be interesting to see what happens. Being relatively new to WGT, my observation was that having saturation at 500 rr for legends created a log jam in that tier, while 200 at tour legend made for nothing more than a quick pit stop. It would make sense to me to even out those two tiers a little, maybe make legend 100-200 less, and TL 100-200 more. (note: I am not saying that would be fair to those already established in those tiers. I am just saying it would make sense) I have not heard of any changes in the legend tier, but I doubt that anyone would notice such a change yet. There are very few legends keeping track of all 500 rr to reach saturation.

• patfrenchy
    304 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 1:43 PM

WGT answer to my other question about tier saturation  :

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your message. When we originally introduced the Champion tier we made the number of ranked rounds needed to reach Champion tier very low, even lower than the number needed to achieve Tour Legend.

The reason for this was to help Tour Legends enter the Champion tier faster since they already had hundreds of rounds in the Tour Legend tier. This was always meant to only be a temporary number of rounds to change tier.

We have finally changed it so a player needs more ranked rounds to move from Tour Legend to Champion. With this change made it so the number of rounds needed to meet tier saturation to be much higher than previous. This is why some players have noticed that their average has been fluctuating recently.

Next question is : what is the number of rounds needed to meet tier saturation

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 2:06 PM

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2018 3:15 PM

BPeterson8256:
    I have not heard of any changes in the legend tier, but I doubt that anyone would notice such a change yet. There are very few legends keeping track of all 500 rr to reach saturation.

True but I have been tracking 2 Legends for them. Not sure if I will be able to tell alot from those data points however....

EE

• Viking772
    16 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 9:55 PM

I reached Tour Legend on Dec 10th. I have now logged 473 ranked rounds since and I am still not Champion or saturated with a 57.71 average. Just added some stats to the discussin.

Viking772

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 8:00 AM

Viking772:

I reached Tour Legend on Dec 10th. I have now logged 473 ranked rounds since and I am still not Champion or saturated with a 57.71 average. Just added some stats to the discussin.

Viking772

Since the new tier opened I think those numbers changed .Not absolutely sure others may be more so . Also when do you sleep and whats the hurry ? Its just another title and it wont really change anything . Other than the green speeds there is nothing else . So slow down and take your time . All you have to do is play and you will get there .

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Fri, Jan 18 2019 8:22 AM

lonniescott711:

Viking772:

Viking772

Since the new tier opened I think those numbers changed .Not absolutely sure others may be more so . Also when do you sleep and whats the hurry ? Its just another title and it wont really change anything . Other than the green speeds there is nothing else . So slow down and take your time . All you have to do is play and you will get there .

He didn't claim to be in a hurry. He was just providing more info.

Thanks Viking. 

RSS