Help › Forums

Help with Wedges

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 24 2018 9:17 PM (3 replies)
  • Ashleyy95
    1 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 9:42 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am kinda new here and was hoping I could get help. I have decent irons and a putter but was wondering if there are decent wedges I could get that won't break the bank? Or should I consider a driver (but those seem expensive)?

Thank you :)

Ashley

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 12:13 PM

Hi Ashley,

At your level, I would strongly consider the TM ATV wedges (high 30s levels). They aren't expensive, and will definitely save you more strokes than a new driver.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 1:39 PM

Ashley,

take a 64° (50 yds) and a 60° (77 yds) wedge. Next, check out the different stroke modes, punch etc.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 9:17 PM

Cleveland offer wedges at low tier levels. Your wedges are perhaps the most important clubs in your bag.

Practice punch and pitch with your highest degree wedge - the one with the least rated distance.

A set of three wedges is a must. Not one top player's bag has less than three wedges. Ideally 100/80/60 for Cleveland and 100/75/50 for Taylormade.

The flop has it's uses but is rarely needed in comparison to pitch. Using pitch you'll have far greater chance to hole out because of more control over ball flight and roll direction after upon landing.

Flop is a great option out of sand for a distance of 10-12 yrds that require a full flop with backspin - as a general rule add ten yrds to approach shots out of sand using a wedge.

Regards

Mike

RSS