Forums

Help › Forums

CLUB BRACKET PLAYING TIME

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 22 2018 7:47 PM (4 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 2:10 AM

We're a small club at the FPGC and don't play bracket tournaments (we tried).

We're looking at trying them again.

It's likely that 'more club bracket playing time' has been discussed already in the WGT forums, but I didn't have time when posting to look, their are a lot of posts about brackets. 

Below is part of my response in our club forum.

With our small numbers,  -and you know from experience- it's unlikely we'll fill them. How many players have time to log in every 24 hours? it might be even harder to find the time now in the week that's in it.

I suggest to try one this week and see, if it doesn't work, try one next week?

It would be better if WGT gave us more time to play options of 48 and 72 hours.  I'd be surprised if this idea hasn't been suggested to them already.  This might also help improve the numbers that play in the general bracket tournaments.

Opinions anyone?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 5:12 AM

As I mentioned elsewhere,  there are programs outside of WGT where you can create bracket tournaments. 

Challonge.com

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 5:48 AM

True but then players have to actually meet and play which is even harder

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 12:06 PM

All you need to do is do a Google search for something like: fill in bracket makers.

There are a few out there, all the players need to do is tell you (or whoever) what they scored, you can check in their score history and fill in the winners. You can make the bracket last as long as you wish. 

Good Luck

Dave. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 7:47 PM

Here's what I was using with my website. 

Here is the link: Brackets

RSS