Forums

Help › Forums

Another passing of a WGT Friend

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 5 2019 4:01 PM (28 replies)
  • Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 2:25 AM

I was just sent a message today from the family of SlicedPepper(Artemus Cain). He passed away on Dec.5th 2018, of heart failure.

Art was a friend that i met several years back on WGT. We were both legends at the time but he was clearly the better player, and advanced to Champion(I'm still a legend). He helped me fine tune my game (when i paid attention) and we would play on a regular basis (almost daily). Was always a pleasure to play and because we used voice chat while playing he was great company as well.It sort of turned into a competition who could beat who,,,it was usually one sided in his favor. But he would cheer me on when i did well as i cheered him on.

I know he was big on helping others was a regular supporter every Christmas season playing secret Santa and even supported the gift of golf (sponsored by the CC Bushwackers). He was one of WGT's greats as far as I am concerned and his passing will be missed. 

R.I.P. my friend, I will miss your humor, your friendship, and my ass-kickings you gave me when we played I will never forget you

Shedlite (Bill)

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 2:36 AM

Sad .

Especially at this time of the year .

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 2:45 AM

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 3:29 AM

Definitely NOT what I wanted to see first up this morning, another one of the good guys gone from my friends list.

R.I.P. Art, you will certainly be missed here.

Thomas

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 3:36 AM

As Craig said, it's a tough time of year to lose someone, but future Christmases will be a celebration of Artemus' life, and glasses will be raised in memory.

Rest in Peace Artemus Cain.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 4:12 AM

Never knew the gentleman, but my thoughts and prayers with the family at this time of year especially.

ScottHope:
    Rest in Peace Artemus Cain.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 4:48 AM

Art was one of the good guys , Very kind and generous ,  He will be missed but not forgotten ,  R.I.P.my friend .   

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 6:16 AM

I was watching the Lockerbie 30th anniversary ceremony today .

A learned gentleman said .

You die twice . The second time when everybody stops saying your name .

Keep saying his name .

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 11:57 AM

RIP Art.

Your story when i first knew you regarding your beloved mans best friend was so sad at the time.

Go take him for a walk again 

Bubbs

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2018 1:28 PM

Quite sad any time of the year but especially during the Christmas Season...

RIP Art!

RSS