Forums

Help › Forums

Wolf Creek Overview

Fri, Sep 6 2019 7:05 PM (45 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 7:04 AM

Trev319:
    whatever standard.yardages that are blatant lies.

Are you talking about the yardages posted for specific clubs, or something else?  The club yardages are general guidelines and you have to practice and learn how the clubs and different balls respond in different conditions and on different courses.

If you are referring to something else- then I don't know what it is.

As Robert and others noted, it depends on how you play the course.  I lost a couple of gold balls on bad shots.  Bad shots.  It happens.  I have gotten a fair share of "breaks", or maybe they were just excellent shots (as I prefer to call them!)

If you are not enjoying it, maybe take a break and come back later - or not.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 12:37 PM

Really a fun course, although I may have discovered a glitch. Only on 1 hole, a par 4, not sure which one. It's happened twice, when I hit my drive the shot keeps going right off the course, well and good if I had mishit and shot it O.B. But in this case the ball just keeps going off the course, and I mean off the course, ending up a 400 yd plus drive, maybe 500 yds. It's not because it's a downhill shot, this one just keeps going and going a long,long way. Can only be a glitch, and all I can do is laugh, because it would be the longest drive ever if it had stayed in bounds. Anyone else have this happen to them? it's pretty funny!

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 12:56 PM

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 3:53 PM

iukine:

Really a fun course, although I may have discovered a glitch. Only on 1 hole, a par 4, not sure which one. It's happened twice, when I hit my drive the shot keeps going right off the course, well and good if I had mishit and shot it O.B. But in this case the ball just keeps going off the course, and I mean off the course, ending up a 400 yd plus drive, maybe 500 yds. It's not because it's a downhill shot, this one just keeps going and going a long,long way. Can only be a glitch, and all I can do is laugh, because it would be the longest drive ever if it had stayed in bounds. Anyone else have this happen to them? it's pretty funny!

Did you possibly hit a cart path?  I have and the ball might go anywhere!

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:29 AM
    Thanks Don, I should have done that the second time it happened. And no I didn't hit a cart path, good call though! The drive just stayed airborne right off the screen! Like it had rockets attached,hehe, pretty strange.
  • Str8UpGreen
    524 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 7:05 PM

I don't think its the starter balls, I've played hole 8 many times and it stole many balls.  There is something not right about the distance on this hole and at times I hit it straight into the wind, ding the meter and it can still go left or right out of bounds.  I suspect this hole sometimes LOL.  Anyway, I still like wolf creek and it can be a real fun track.

RSS