Help › Forums

Flash local storage

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 17 2018 11:34 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 2:27 AM

As of this morning, every time I go to a different page on the site I get a pop up asking if I will allow media5.wgt.com to store information on my computer.

As far as I'm aware nothing has changed my end.  Does anyone know how I can stop this?  There is no remember my choice option.

Many thanks.

• THUNDERTOM
    381 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 3:50 AM

It's been going on for a couple of days now, i use Firefox and it only does it with FF. I can go on Chrome and it's fine.

• ScottHope
    10,015 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 4:03 AM
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 4:36 AM

That's Windows 7 Scott?

Windows 10 doesn't appear to have that option.....

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 4:45 AM

Same issue here using W10+FF.

Far as I recall the issue occurred for me after flash update... or was it FF update?

Umm... 99% sure it was flash update... I think. :)

• reddog1965
    1,184 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 5:21 AM

Yeah FF just did a update and I am getting the same thing, UGH more BS

• spudmurray
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 7:13 AM

Just got it myself after an update.

Took me 1 hour to play 7 holes after clicking in and out of the client screen to move to the next hole.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it please.

Ad-blocker..on   home security...on and a scan didn't find it.

• ScottHope
    10,015 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 7:17 AM

MainzMan:
    Windows 10 doesn't appear to have that option.....
    F...fudge.  : (

• garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:37 AM

I don't run 10, but did find this.  Maybe an answer is there some where.

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/change-local-storage-settings-for-flash-player-in-windows-10.html

Edit, I watched the video and I believe the reason for selecting small icons is only to keep you from having to scroll down the page.  Go Figure.

Other information.  I run 7 but just recently updated Firefox to 64.  Lo and behold, I had to run down older storage folders for my favorites and bookmarks, they all just disappeared in the new version.  Even on 62 that I had been running, I noticed problems with flash permissions.

I am going to call it a battery on the left side of the address bar, If you mouse over it , it will say manage plugins.  I visit a web site(POGO) almost everyday that still uses a lot of flash.  If that battery is red when visiting a page, flash will not run.  Allow it on that page and the next page in will not allow it until you allow, it will happen on every page you try to load.  When you allow, it will turn the battery black and you will be good to go.  They are changing most of their content to HTML5, but the main pages still use flash.  A lot of people(I suspect are running 10) are having problems on the site.

I know flash is self contained in Edge, but most browsers, OS's and sites are moving away from flash, either not allowing it to run or blocking it from running.  As I don't/won't run 10, it could very well be a Microsoft update and is causing the problem.  I did read that back in 2015 they had to patch 10 as the last update was blocking flash from running

I think the only reason for mentioning the above, is to give you some sort of an idea of some of the strange chit that is going on lately with Operation Systems and browsers, possibility to move everyone away from flash earlier then the end of 2020.

• PAGES
RSS