Help › Forums

Adobe Flash persistent pop up re: storage

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 13 2019 2:42 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sgtidball
    19 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2018 5:22 PM

This is a new problem in my game, and only on one of two laptops - both using Firefox. I can close the pop up dialogue and continue with the game, but it is an annoying glitch. Any ideas?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash; I have adjusted all the plug-in settings on Firefox, but the problem persists. I cannot effectively interact with the pop up window which asks me to allow media5.wgt.com to store information on my computer. I have "allowed" but the window comes back.

• Meiki
    21 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 1:01 PM

Me too also! Worst when I try to adjust audio sliders. WGT seems to be the ONLY place it has issues.

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 12:56 AM

sgtidball:

This is a new problem in my game, and only on one of two laptops - both using Firefox. I can close the pop up dialogue and continue with the game, but it is an annoying glitch. Any ideas?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Flash; I have adjusted all the plug-in settings on Firefox, but the problem persists. I cannot effectively interact with the pop up window which asks me to allow media5.wgt.com to store information on my computer. I have "allowed" but the window comes back.

"Add Block" and or new browser.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 4:35 AM

From the other threads about this it appears that it was caused by the latest update of Firefox. So if you roll back to a previous version of Firefox all should well. Of try a browser not based on Mozilla. I am using a very old version of Comodo Dragon which is chrome based and have no problems playing. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 8:02 AM

Could it be in the Flash storage settings?  Maybe the setting is too low?

• ManiacWings
    1,045 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 3:01 PM

I've tried all the fixes above plus the ones from Adobe.  The Local Storage settings don't even respond to changes on my end.  I've done all the clear cache, uninstall/reinstall, run virus scans, yada yada yada.  Agree the issue appears to be due to a recent update of Firefox not playing nice with Adobe Flash Player.  I will keep checking back for a resolution.  Until then...will play less than normal.  Which is almost nothing these days anyway. 

Saving $$$.

Merry Christmas!

Maniacwings

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 3:53 PM

Same problem since Firefox update.

Tried all the same potential resolutions as above. No change. It has additional problems of rendering you unable to message your CC friends, unless you switch to another browser which works correctly.

Firefox has the best and smoothest swing meter, for me, which is why I use it.

On top of which today I had an error # 1075 as I tried to start a Strokeplay tourney. Pressed the tee off button and was greeted with an Ineligible to play tournament message.

• FreddyCouples87
    68 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 6:25 AM

I used Firefox for a long time as it has been the least problematic and best meter performance, however I also started getting this glitch and could not fix it. Yesterday I switched to the Edge browser and it not only fixed the issue but the meter seems even smoother so I would recommend going this direction.

• LuckyTaurus
    2,633 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:01 AM

Unable to change club message,,, started yesterday and still can not,, help

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2018 11:29 AM

• PAGES
RSS