Forums

Help › Forums

New Tournament Format

Thu, Dec 13 2018 8:49 AM (4 replies)
  • DBdaDC
    4 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 9:23 AM

Four 18 hole rounds on same course. Sixteen entrants similar to Bracket Tournaments, but the lowest 8 scores advance to second round, lowest 4 scores advance to the third round and the 2 lowest scores are in the final round.

Tie Breakers are lowest total for the 4 rounds, the most eagles made, most birdies made, most pars made, fewest double bogies or more and then fewest bogies.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 6:30 PM

What would be wrong with the standard Tour format: Everybody plays the first two rounds, then a cutline at 50% plus ties. Those who make the cut play the last two.

Your first tiebreaker isn't a tiebreaker. Of course, lowest total for four rounds wins. If there's a tie, nothing wrong with your other suggestions.

• DBdaDC
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 6:08 AM

I agree there is nothing wrong with the standard Tour format.

I should have clarified better for the tie breakers. After rereading my post I was thinking of how the current bracket tournaments are done with tie breakers if two opponents have the same scores on a round. 

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 7:41 AM

@DBdaDC 

In the first place, why is a cut required? I must be missing something here because I don't see the attraction of this format. 

By the way, as noted above, this isn't a tiebreaker: 
    "lowest total for the 4 rounds." Typically, we just call that player the winner. :-) 

• DBdaDC
    4 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2018 8:49 AM

I'm not saying a cut is required. I am just going off a format like the 16 player bracket with eliminates half the players each round.

RSS