Forums

Help › Forums

Best of Beautiful Holes

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:48 AM (4 replies)
  • papagrasutu
    2,463 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 1:26 PM

I made this suggestion a number of years ago and there was some great commentary http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/272749.aspx

I think with Wolf Creek coming up, its time to resurrect this idea.  Although country clubs can now do their own custom most beautiful holes course, it still would be a great thing to have  a WGT Best of Most Beautiful Holes course.  I would think the tech for it would be fairly simple now, as its no different than setting up a custom course.  What could really make this fun is to make it an event.  I would propose a ballot somewhere, like here in the forum, allowing people to vote on the most beautiful picturesqe holes on the courses that we have, although it would sure be nice if we could add Cabo or Whistler to it.  

There are so many gorgeous holes at Pebble, St. Andrews and I am certain Wolf Creek will add a few, and leave the par 3's to Bandon.  Even some of the inland courses like Congressional and Olympic have some beauties.  The time for this idea has come.  I'd rather we made this course selected more universally, unlike the last time that the winning clash clubs did it...we all know what club that would be.  I'd love to hear some nominations for most beautiful holes here.  How's about it WGT?

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 3:50 AM

the 18th at Congressional is a beauty

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:24 PM

I'm sure that if WGT set up a poll to nominate holes and charged credits to vote , they would do it!!

Yes - I'm a cynic!  

Idea is fine but it seems WGT needs a financial incentive to add something, they have enough trouble trying to fix things they break in updates!

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2018 5:11 AM

DoctorLarry:
    WGT needs a financial incentive to add something, they have enough trouble trying to fix things they break in updates!

x10000!!

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:48 AM

SeveFrost:

the 18th at Congressional is a beauty

Beauty? Tailwind or R-L wind and that hole becomes a Beast very quickly

RSS