Forums

Help › Forums

Why are seasonal/holiday Avatars NOT for PC/Laptop/Desktop Flashplayer game - only for Mobile?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:43 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • futtocks12345
    29 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 5:52 AM

Seasonal/holiday Avatars NOT for PC/Laptop/Desktop Flashplayer game - only for Mobile?

Why are these only available for the "WGT Golf Mobile" version of the game (mobiles, smartphones, tablets…)?  …and not for PC/Laptop/Desktop flashplayer.

eg. Snowman Head, Elf Shoes, Santa Hat, 2019 Party Pants.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 6:11 PM

futtocks12345:

Seasonal/holiday Avatars NOT for PC/Laptop/Desktop Flashplayer game - only for Mobile?

Why are these only available for the "WGT Golf Mobile" version of the game (mobiles, smartphones, tablets…)?  …and not for PC/Laptop/Desktop flashplayer.

eg. Snowman Head, Elf Shoes, Santa Hat, 2019 Party Pants.

Because they would have to design a full avatar . The mobile platform by design is very different from the pc version . This also goes for the avatars which are also a different design .

WGT would have to write a whole new avatar program to make the avatars inter -  changeable like the mobile version avatars .Cant see that happening any time soon .

• futtocks12345
    29 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 1:30 PM

Thanks Ionnie... 

Understood in theory, but not convinced that it's as much effort as you suggest, especially to enable 1 or 2 temporary avatars, that "only" need portions of them altering from a standard one, or even only where their head on the Tee or something, .. perhaps the head could fall off (or melt)  if u play a really bad shot....

It would be a dwindlingly small to insignificant amount of effort compared to something like the work behind getting Wolf's Creek up and running. (which is of course more important).

I understand fully that separate work would be required for the separate applications, but that in itself is not a reason not to do it. I more strongly suspect its a business case answer, not a technical one - ie. won't pay back (at least not first time round) - or could a student have done it in the summer break for example ?)... Also would it open a can of worms on different views of Xmas (or other festivals around the world) .... Xmas barbie (Grill) heads, Xmas surf boards,... for our friends down under (or something), Xmas swim-wear / beach style outfits for south Americans etc etc...   

ok forget I asked... ..  Thanks, Futt.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 6:33 PM

Also, ugly duds (like I wear in mobile), are fine for a 4.7" screen. On a 27" monitor where children may be watching, oh please.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 6:02 AM

I could be way off base here, but.  Not that they don't exist on the pc version of this game, but it seems to me that the mobile version is the more gimmick side of WGT.(aimed more for the 7-10 year olds, or those with the attention span of a piss ant)  As where the pc version is more of the golf side of WGT, but now they are bringing more and more gimmicks here also.

In other words, they don't belong here.

And to the OP, you can ask anything you want, just be prepared for the responses(good, bad, or indifferent) you might receive.

OK, blast away!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 3:08 PM

I have no interest in Snowman Heads and ugly sweaters.

To each their own

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:21 PM

DonCaron:

I have no interest in Snowman Heads and ugly sweaters.

To each their own

I guess I will have to return the Christmas present I got for you...............!

;)

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2018 1:45 AM

futtocks12345:

.. perhaps the head could fall off (or melt)  if u play a really bad shot....

Inspired!!  What a superb suggestion.  All that water wouldn't be a problem either, I hear there are a lot of very good Italian plumbers over there.

Can you see yourself teeing off wearing these ?  One decent swing and there's going to be more ripping going on than Jack. Instead of "Garden spots"  "Great shot"  etc. etc. how about some new sound effects. Teeing off for example, reaching down to get your ball out of the hole and so on. 

Can't think of any off the top of my head *ahem* but there must be some out there.

Cheers!

Rich

• FLYERBT
    171 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2018 3:51 AM

Maybe a sound effect for leaving yourself a 9 inch putt.

Sorry, an inside joke between Rich and myself.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Dec 13 2018 5:50 PM

FLYERBT:

Maybe a sound effect for leaving yourself a 9 inch putt.

Sorry, an inside joke between Rich and myself.

I think the commentator already does this - although I have him turned off totally in my game.  (Hmmmm - I'm not sure that sounded right)

• PAGES
RSS