Forums

Help › Forums

Free entry tournaments?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 11 2018 1:41 AM (8 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 5:14 AM

Looking at these free entry tournament, there’s no prize credit at all. So what’s the point, or am I missing something?

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 6:13 AM

SlickHunter:

Looking at these free entry tournament, there’s no prize credit at all. So what’s the point, or am I missing something?

Which free tournaments are you seeing that have no prizes? I looked, and they all seemed to have a prize associated with them. Admittedly, I only looked at a few. But anytime I've in the past, there was always some sort of prize.

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 9:38 AM

Robert1893:

SlickHunter:

Which free tournaments are you seeing that have no prizes? I looked, and they all seemed to have a prize associated with them. Admittedly, I only looked at a few. But anytime I've in the past, there was always some sort of prize.

He might be talking about the brackets that have no prize. There are several of them. The first year I was playing this game, I loved playing them. I played exclusively in tournaments, and it was a fun way to play courses with different wind and green speed conditions. Perhaps the other point of playing them is just for pride and glory, or shitz and giggles. I find those valid reasons for doing anything in life.

One of the cool things about this game, is there are so many ways to have fun playing it.

Brett

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 11:08 AM

@BPeterson8256

That makes sense. 

And I agree that what you list are absolutely valid reasons. One plays them just for the fun of them.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 1:14 AM

I’m looking at the free Bracket tourney, Zero purse, and zero prize. I don’t enter the free ones, just curious. Maybe R&Gs are different.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 3:54 AM

There are no free RGs (and no &).

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 5:00 AM

Maybe I’m reading it all wrong, thanks for clarifying.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 2:01 PM

if you go to the tournaments page... there are 4 tabs for various tournaments...

the main tab for the tournament calendar, includes free entry tournaments that do in fact have credit payouts.  those payouts vary depending on which tier you are in.  

for example, if you go to the following event you will notice Legend tier has a 1500 credit  purse, and pays out 270 credits to first place for a free entry tournament.   there is also a free entry mobile only tournament that can only be accessed from the mobile platform, to my knowledge.  

12/10
    Random Drawing
    free

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 1:41 AM

el3n1:

if you go to the tournaments page... there are 4 tabs for various tournaments...

the main tab for the tournament calendar, includes free entry tournaments that do in fact have credit payouts.  those payouts vary depending on which tier you are in.  

for example, if you go to the following event you will notice Legend tier has a 1500 credit  purse, and pays out 270 credits to first place for a free entry tournament.   there is also a free entry mobile only tournament that can only be accessed from the mobile platform, to my knowledge.  

12/10
    Random Drawing
    free

Thanks, now I know that there are credit payouts on these credit tourneys.

RSS