Forums

Help › Forums

MOBILE PLAYERS: Where's your wedge?

Mon, Oct 25 2021 6:03 PM (67 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 1:49 PM

To be clear, this was all tested extensively. I was included in that testing to a small degree and the release was pushed a number of times. 

We even had a system working in the background, also tested extensively, that was supposed to automatically put a player into Advanced mode if their clubs were already setup in such a way (three wedges, etc). 

Obviously many players were still put in normal mode automatically for some reason, and for some players their settings continues to be reset to normal mode for some reason after playing a coin game, and possibly other game modes. Currently I've only been able to reproduce the issue on a single account after playing a coin game. 

We already have a bunch of fixes ready to go with our next mobile update which we currently have slated for next week. Obviously releases get changed, pushed, etc.. 

_CHAMPION 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 2:08 PM

For me, this issue occurs on my 2nd visit to Equipment every mobile session. I always change to a junk ball before playing coin games, and the gear and bag is fine after this 1st visit. If the ball runs out and I need to change to another during the coin games, or when I want to change back to a proper ball when I've done with the coin games, this is when Normal mode kicks in without choice and I have to change mode back to Advanced and unequip the starter hybrid. 

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 2:20 PM

We now have a lot more information that we're sorting through and know what the cause of the switch from advanced to normal is (it was explained to me but I'm a simple peasant and don't really understand). They're making a way to force the issue in our test environments to learn more. 

_CHAMPION 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 2:27 PM
    By not being able is see others equipment, makes it hard to gift clubs. One of my club members rented a driver, but I can't tell if he purchased it or not.
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 2:49 PM

I also noticed that Shot Pal gets engaged after that unwanted switch to Normal Mode, which I guess is part of the mode. I never normally use it.

And if I exit the mobile game without that 2nd visit to Equipment, the clubs and Mode stay as they should and I can just change the ball over in the PC version. Saves a bit of faffing about.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 2:54 PM

fmagnets:

And if I exit the mobile game without that 2nd visit to Equipment, the clubs and Mode stay as they should and I can just change the ball over in the PC version. Saves a bit of faffing about.

Yes, my understanding is that if you don't touch your equipment or setting it should just stay with the stuff you selected before it reverted in your settings to Normal mode. 

It seems the culprit of the issue is the sponsorship panels. Even if you switch to advance and select the sponsorship button on the main menu it's switching back to Normal in the settings. 

I'll look into the switch of the shot pal as well. Anyone notice any other settings that are changing? 

_CHAMPION 

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 3:02 PM

WhdW u look at others profile 

If the time runs down 

On top of the screen

View opponent profile is not going 

And from then until can't see wind green speed since it is covered by

Viewing opponent profile untill u even after completion of game still u see on wgt hom e screen until you restart app 

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 3:25 PM

WGTChampion:

Yes, my understanding is that if you don't touch your equipment or setting it should just stay with the stuff you selected before it reverted in your settings to Normal mode. 

It seems the culprit of the issue is the sponsorship panels. Even if you switch to advance and select the sponsorship button on the main menu it's switching back to Normal in the settings. 

I'll look into the switch of the shot pal as well. Anyone notice any other settings that are changing? 

_CHAMPION 

Sounds about right. It's the first visit to Equipment after using sponsorship that does it. Having used sponsorship and exited the mobile game without going to Equipment, nothing was changed. But my first visit back to the mobile game after this triggered Normal Mode as soon as I went to Equipment - the unwanted change lies in wait for you!

I also noticed one of my sponsor prize boxes contained nothing from that sponsor, which I haven't seen before. I will pay closer attention to the prizes next time, but it might explain why my last 14 wins or so have given no points towards the final item of Topgolf gear I want to max out.

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 7:03 PM

Earlier this year, Liberty Media, who now own Formula 1, made a major, unnecessary change to the live timing screen.  It was gimmicky, glitchy, and not at all what F1 fans wanted.  After a community backlash, they made available the original, functional, accurate, non gimmicky option. 

They listened to the people that line their pockets.  Maybe lessons can be learned....

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,503 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 8:11 PM

As I suggested earlier, WGT should give the players an option to choose between the old 'original' edit method and the new advanced mode (Please get rid of normal mode. It is good for nothing.) This will give you time to fix all the related issues and bring peace back in the mobile WGT land.

Many are asking for the original edit way back because it was much more intuitive, simple and handy. IT WAS a good thing! If there are people who whine and can't make use of it although it can't possibly be any easier than that, you should educate them with a tutorial session for instance, not mess up with your good thing.

RSS