Forums

Help › Forums

GIVE YOURSELF A GIFT , JOIN THE TORONTO LEAF FANS (TLF)

Mon, Jan 11 2021 6:20 AM (56 replies)
  • CptJ104
    21 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2018 7:06 AM

The best Christmas present you can give yourself is becoming a member of the T.L.F.  This is the third club I have been a part of and it is, by far, the most fun and challenging club of them all.  You will tier up quicker with help from friendly members and gain valuable experience from helpful playing tips.

And the chat room is lively with friendly jabs, just like on the real course.  Team mates have become family members and we thoroughly enjoy competing against one another in club tournaments that you just won't find in other clubs.  

So get the most "bang for your buck" and give us a try.  We'll make you feel right at home.

• Rick6208
    2,103 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 9:42 AM

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All !

• Buddgreene4202
    24 Posts
    Tue, Dec 25 2018 9:08 AM

TLF, hello and good day. Just popping by with a few things to say.

Through one recruit or another, we have all found our way.

To WGT's best place to play.

From turf war and clash wins, with scores to behold.

To the chat room where tips and stories are told.

The owner and directors make it easy to stay.

With constant new tourneys and contests to play.

Now I will touch on our clubs common thread.

For too many years, tears have been shed.

They are better than good, Inches from great.

It finally looks like they have things straight.

Our boys in BLUE are finally there.

Playing with the best, and doing it with flare!

So here's to the Leafs, and their run for the cup.

And cheers to our members, and to what 2019 serves up.

Thank you for reading, essentially lending an ear.

Merry Christmas everyone, and Happy New Year!!

• Rick6208
    2,103 Posts
    Sun, Dec 30 2018 11:31 AM

Ha Ha Ha very cool Budgreen ! excellent poem !

• Rick6208
    2,103 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2019 8:43 AM

TIMMYSADDICT0 a female member of our Club said : The CHAT has been lively and Fun, and the tourneys have been great, I LOVE IT HERE, have nothing to complain about and never have!

Thanks Timmy !

• Cicero733
    2,290 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 7:40 PM

As a newbie to WGT, I looked to the forums for guidance and instruction. After 4 months association, it was recommended to me that I pursue joining a country club. I searched existing threads and posted a new thread asking for assistance. Immediately I was approached by the leadership of the Toronto Leafs Fans and was glad that I was. Rick6208 walked me through the process of joining a club and explained to me the benefits of his club. I accepted his invitation and joined and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience since. The membership is receptive to new members and has a rather interesting library of tips, facts, and recommendations for all tiers and levels of players. The tips no only provided me with new approaches to experiment with,  it also validated for me what I had learned on my own and provided a real confidence boost. I would highly recommend this club to any WGT members who are looking for a highly supportive and active membership.

• Timmysaddict0
    51 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2019 9:19 PM

Short version: I am better for having been in this club, and you almost certainly will be too.

Longer version:

These are legitimately some great people and I don’t think I’d still be playing WGT if I hadn’t joined this club (joining a club was not on my radar, because I hate talking to people :/ ) I’m happy I stayed around! I was a director for a bit, and really enjoyed being part of the chatting and early strategy-ing 😊 

The club will gladly leave you alone if you just pop in for a game a day and have no idea where the chat function is (what I started as), and the chat is usually pretty lively once you’re comfy and/or looking to be more active (what I became).  Just like every other club, put up points when you’re on and have fun. Very active in Clashes and Wars (when the top players are going, only a handful of teams are better!), but not to the point that people mistake video finger golf for actual war. Pressure is something I never felt in my time at TLF and the top players are super-generous-- they are always happy to give advice, or share balls and passes. I really learned a lot 😊  (Ladies, this club is free of the toxic garbage we get in our coin room chats)

• Rick6208
    2,103 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2019 3:07 PM

We Just went 11 & 0 in the Club Clash and finished in 11th place overall ! best finish ever by our Club 

• Rick6208
    2,103 Posts
    Sat, Jan 19 2019 5:37 PM

Please read what some of our Members have said about our Club and than give us a try!

• Rick6208
    2,103 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2019 9:12 PM

11 & 0 in the Club Clash again! for our size this Club is AWESOME !!! 

RSS