Sat, Dec 22 2018 5:49 PM (34 replies)
  • 100plus
    801 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 1:39 PM
    Cabo # 18
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 7:03 AM

All of them anymore. I was gone for so long I can't remember what to do. I have been slowly working my way through my ball inventory, by the way it's going I need to learn how to play the rocks. To me it is still fun to pretend I am on a real course having a hoot, so what the hey. I skip the 19th hole now and just go home. My how times have changed.

Renni

• SeveFrost
    1,478 Posts
    Tue, Nov 27 2018 2:16 PM

the 5th at Merion with the back pin position. If playing from the back tees, the approach shot to a tournament/championship speed green can be extremely challenging

the 4th at Sawgrass. you always have to be careful with the drive not reaching the semi rough short of the ditch but if laying up too short, it will leave a long iron shot that is very difficult to a pin often protected by a bunker

the 18th at Merion with the right hand side pin position. It's a tough hole anyway but with that right pin, it's almost impossible to attack with yet another bunker waiting for any under hit irons

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2018 5:51 PM

Thanks guys, reading thru this a week later it looks like maybe I should set up a custome course for the CC with our own version of Hardest holes.

Happy Holidays everyone.

• DarkenRahl
    2,115 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2018 8:29 PM

We have one of those in our club, affectionately and appropriately called "Misery."   The owner loves breaking that one out with crazy different green speeds whenever he feels like shaking up the leaderboard a bit.   

• Parbuster1962
    281 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 12:13 PM

#15 Bethpage Black

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 5:44 PM

Woodie312:

I know we have discussed this briefly in the past, but I would like to hear which hole you guys and gals think is the hole that is most likely to reach up and bite you. I am talking about the hole that you pray to make par and move on.

For me that would be #7 on Chambers Bay, that uphill upmountain approch shot so often comes up short or will bounce thru the green, either way you  are pitching to get as tight as posible to save par.

I am curious what holes other folks may say.

Any hole on Merion where I got a steep downhill side breaking putt. Speed formulas just do not work for those situations period!

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 2:30 PM

Sage advice

Cheers!

Rich

• JasonSahm
    459 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 7:21 AM

Merion #5 and #17.

Those 2 holes can undo a round for me. Just played it yesterday and shot a 67 but was +5 on those 2 holes. 

Oakmont #9 was a beast with the front right pin. I just hit my approach into front bunker every time. From the repeated practice of that shot knew the exact yardage to hit for a tap in par or a hole out for birdie once in awhile. 

If u even dared to attack that pin and went long, u risked a sure 3 putt and I've even taken 4 and 5 putts to get in from past the hole.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 11:24 AM

took a while to see it but it's obvious that many people haven't played Cabo or Whistler.

with 13 greens Whistler  as a whole is a putting nightmare. i can't remember the exact hole but i think it's 12 or 13 that is the worst of the bunch.

and Cabo 18 is brutal as well with 13 greens.

RSS