Forums

Help › Forums

What’s the most important first upgrade?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 20 2018 10:17 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • StevenS1124
    6 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 1:12 PM
    Should I upgrade my driver or irons first?
  • SeveFrost
    1,489 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2018 11:14 AM

Steven, make sure you buy the Cleveland 64 degree wedge, it will save you so many shots

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 4:06 AM

You haven't provided a budget, so assuming you can only improve one club, I would recommend a strong 3 wood. It will give you more distance than your current driver, and provide the added bonus of a fairway wood. 

ct

ps: suggested level 73 Rogue 3 wood.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 5:21 AM

"What’s the most important first upgrade?"

Whilst both replies are sound they miss the obvious first upgrade for anyone serious about a long-term WGT career.

Your first stop at the Pro Shop should see an investment in the following:

• phipster
    4,426 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 6:01 AM

Hee Hee - nearly all of the mobile apparel requires you to leave your dignity in the changing rooms...

Back to the question - play for show wedge & putt for dough - I would upgrade the putter and wedges as they will save the most strokes. I would go for the level 50'ish Max wedges and putter as they are relatively cheap and very consistent....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 6:33 AM

StevenS1124:

What kind of budget are you on? Your stats are halfway decent for those clubs you use so you can answer your own question by asking yourself what part of the game frustrates you now?

It looks to me like if you could get up and down from rough and traps with a little more success you could save more pars. Wedges do that and they're fairly cheap. If you started with a 64W with an eye on adding a 60W and a 56W, I think you'd see immediate results.

Your short game is where you're going to improve the most and with a nice assortment of wedges, you can play to spots where you're confident you can get up and down. 

p.s., Not sure what the lame attempt at tin foil humor was all about.

• IntheClutch21
    1 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 10:17 AM

Thank you for the response and helpful tips. I do believe buying some solid wedges will definitely help my stats as a strong short game is one of the most important aspects in the game. As far as what frustrates me, it’s probably a tie between my short game and simply having no shot to birdie the long par 4s given that the greens are unreachable in 2 shots with the starter drivers and 3W. As far as my budget, I’m thinking of putting real money into buying credits so I will have around 9,000 credits.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 10:39 AM

StevenS1124:

A good set of wedges will certainly help your short game but if you're looking to make one purchase then I'd go for irons.  There are some holes that you don't use a wedge or a driver on but you'll use an iron on pretty much every hole you play.

You're 2 levels away from the Callaway Rogue set, they look pretty sweet.  They should also keep you happy for a long time, it's always fun buying new gear but it's easy to end up buying 10 different drivers, iron sets, putters etc as you level up.  If you can get away with only one or two upgrades then so much the better.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 10:40 AM

StevenS1124:

3WD before driver before irons, IMHO, but

First: Decide whether you want to play for free or if you want to chase or buy credits!

IMHO, any equipment purchase (clubs/balls) will probably accelerate tier advancement, so be careful what you wish for!

Second: Wedges!

This is because the Starter wedges are the worst of these free clubs, and any short wedges above L25 will make a big difference!

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2018 10:46 AM

YankeeJim:
    p.s., Not sure what the lame attempt at tin foil humor was all about.

Unsure but yet you still feel the need to comment negatively - as per - on something I post? Methinks you've still got a wee ootie for the Wiger fella.

Resist Jim, resist!!!

Anyhoos, it's good to see you at least attempt to get back to your trolling best.

Y'all have a nice day now.

• PAGES
RSS