Forums

Help › Forums

Clashes

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:44 AM (6 replies)
  • kevinor
    241 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2018 8:52 PM

How about a limit on the number of times a club can win a clash over a set period of time.

For example, one win every 4 Clashes. Club could still clash just not win, second place would be the best.

It would be exciting to see someone other than The Georgian win. It might increase the participation knowing that there was a chance. 

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 3:49 AM

How about just get of rid of the clash and have a ----watch the paint dry contest---I would enjoy that more.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 5:12 AM

• VogieScratch
    353 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 6:10 AM

TopShelf2010:

With all due respect... seriously?

Why should a club that has taken the time to build and grow be punished for its dominance?

Put yourself in their shoes... how would you feel if after years of effort suddenly the rules were changed?

Fair enough,  and kudos to The Georgian but still, I've been playing for 4 years, have played in virtually every clash and don't remember a winner other than Georgian.  I belong to a smaller club (80 members +/- of which 50-60 play regularly and usually < 1/2 play in the clashes) so I know there is no chance we will win and don't much care.  Anyone that wants to beat The Georgian will have to step up their game as it seems whatever motivates The Georgian's members, they aren't going to just roll over and quit, and I suspect Top Golf enjoys the $ they spend keeping their 1st place position.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 8:08 AM

Hello , If I may chip in , I think a fairer way , would be to divide all clubs into divisions . This way more clubs legitimately have a chance of performing amongst clubs of a similar standing. This would seem a fair and inclusive way of proceeding . After all , in the English league of football , week in week out you couldn’t expect the likes of Shrewsbury to compete and beat the likes of Manchester City . Pitch clubs against similar opposition , then it becomes fair . 

• kevinor
    241 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 9:42 AM

Thanks for your thoughts. Perhaps a better approach would be to create a different event with similar prizes. A club vs club event with divisions or a limited number of members allowed to participate.

There seems little incentive to play in the Clashes with it's current format. Yes congrats to the Georgian and their offspring the Penalty Box for their continuing dominance but really the event would be more enjoyable if the results were not so consistently predetermined.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:44 AM

I don't think it would be right to limit how often a club can win a clash, they're putting in the effort and deserve the reward.

I do think the scoring should be altered though.  In theory large clubs don't play against small ones but we all know this has never worked.  I'd love to see WGT make only the first 10 or 20 rounds played by each club in a clash count.  That way a small club would be able to beat a large one, the quality of the rounds would count, not the quantity.

However, this would reduce pass sales so is very unlikely to ever happen.

RSS