Forums

Help › Forums

Turf Wars

Mon, Dec 7 2020 9:44 AM (25 replies)
  • AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 1:59 PM

I found a couple replies from WGTChampion explaining the Monaco room payout, second posts in both threads below...

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/380312.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/380857.aspx

• THEMANJAMDAM
    373 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2019 2:22 PM

Okay, to settle this for you guys. I once lost in the Monaco room and I started to freak out because I had about 2.5 million coins, but I was delighted when I only lost about 12,000. You can only win or lose as much as your opponent has. But it is a big gamble. Also, I am a member of The Georgian and the way our top turf war players get so many coins is by timing their entry into Bellagio so they will be likely to be matched up with each other. They don't switch clubs or any nonsense like that. This is all fact that I have just told you. Not speculation.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 9:01 AM

THEMANJAMDAM:

Also, I am a member of The Georgian and the way our top turf war players get so many coins is by timing their entry into Bellagio so they will be likely to be matched up with each other. 

I thought WGT put an end to being able to receive TW points if you were matched up with someone from your own club. Maybe I'm wrong in that assumption.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 9:03 AM

Don't use exploits. People get banned for exploiting. 

_CHAMPION 

• THEMANJAMDAM
    373 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 10:54 AM

That may be true now, not sure, but I know it's how they did it at one time. Hey, I got WgtChampion to comment on my first post! Lol! I didn't do it, I don't have the chops to cut it in Bellagio! I stick to Rio.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 8:56 PM

WGTChampion:

Don't use exploits. People get banned for exploiting. 

_CHAMPION 

Oooh.  We need a hot link to this!  I'm glad I don't know any!

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 7:18 AM

alot of misinformation in this thread.

Players can get to 100 million + and never leave Bellagio. It's just a question of playing the matches and burning the passes.

If play monaco the bet is for whoever has the lowest stack of coins.  So if i have 500 million and i play someone that onluy has 10000 the game is for 10000.

Most people with big stacks will just forfeit to people with less than a few million coin. just isn't worth their time.

There is a gentleman's agreement between most of the top 20 clubs or so not to use Monaco in TWs against each other. 

Matching up against clubmates will not give you any TW points. That's not why people do it. 

I'm not in a big TW club but I've posted various ways that were possible exploits before. I don't know names but i can guarantee you that clubmates in many of the higher clubs will rebuild someone's coin supply should they go broke. That's the main reason they try to match up. Otherwise they are communicating not to match up in TWs since it's just a waste of ball hits. 

I also guarantee you that this method is being used by some people that play Monaco.

Step 1: Play Bellagio a ton during a TW. Let's say they get up to 100 million TW coin wins. 

Step 2: Start playing Monaco. Ideally match up and win against someone that also has a big stack. Making a big chunk or two.

Step 3: what happens if you lose and go broke??

Refer back to step 1. If someone  made 100 million coins in a TW when it's over they will get 15 million in the TW bonus.

SO even tho they went broke... they end up with seed coin again once the TW is over.

I've never played monaco. i'm not a gambler but it doesn't take much thinking to understand how the system works and how to manipulate it. and i absolutely guarantee that's how many high rollers will do monaco. If going to play in monaco,  it's best to have that safety net in place.

• Aussiedodger
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 7:25 AM

there is a number of regular monaco players who play for hundreds of millions and in some cases billions of coins. For me, most of my matches are random but i  know others are organised to avoid forfeiting for an hour to find an opponent with coins that would be a competitive match.

these matches are all above board and the vast majority these days are streamed live via the omlet arcade app

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 1:56 PM
    Aussiedodger:
    and the vast majority these days are streamed live via the omlet arcade app
    rarely see or watch mobile matches streamed... where would you see or find or watch those rounds? have not heard of omlet arcade app...
  • Aussiedodger
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jan 24 2019 4:58 PM

just google "omlet arcade" and you can also watch from a desktop if you dont have the app.  I think i follow over 50 wgt players. My name there is aussiedodger and all the people i follow play this game.

as for an earlier comment, yes i usually only go in there for my entire stack if i have a turf war bonus coming. Usually not the 15 mill example but 2-3 million as it does not take long to build back up

RSS