question regarding spin and putting

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 18 2018 8:55 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 11:42 PM

Hi,

There are certain amount of speed set to enter the hole. So lip out happens if its more than the desired speed  or the the line you are reading is wrong. If there wasn't a speed set to enter the hole, then easy way to sink a hole is to "RAM IT" 

Heavy winds and also meter scale selection plays a role in lip outs n sinking in ;) The less meter scale it turns more n the more the higher the scale is, it goes straight towards (near) the hole.

- Carl

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2018 6:29 PM

When I mapped my putter, I used a starter ball. It putts the same as 1,000 credit  balls.

That's what I was always told, I use the starters for the mulligans

• LMD01
    92 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 1:10 AM

DonCaron:

When I mapped my putter, I used a starter ball. It putts the same as 1,000 credit  balls.

That's what I was always told, I use the starters for the mulligans

In the spirit of one having an opinion an curiosity always gets the cat.. 

with a one percent putt average of lower than 40% one would have to assume. that that theory isn't correct????

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 5:44 AM

spin on a ball makes no odd when putting

you may find that forgiveness on each  putter has a bearing on putts

the more forgiveness on a putter gives a bigger sweet spot

if that makes any sense to you

thats my take on putting

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 6:28 AM

lonniescott711:
    Also you cant adjust ball spin when on the green , even if using a club other than the putter . Once on the green the ball spin option is not usable

While I don't know about the PC platform, on the mobile platform, you can adjust the spin with other clubs when the ball is on the green (for example, a wedge). And it does have an effect.

A while back, they changed that. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 6:29 AM

adaputter:

spin on a ball makes no odd when putting

you may find that forgiveness on each  putter has a bearing on putts

the more forgiveness on a putter gives a bigger sweet spot

if that makes any sense to you

thats my take on putting

You are definitely correct in Forgiveness. I off ding intentionally and the forgiveness of my putter affects that going against the break.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 8:55 AM

Robert1893:

lonniescott711:
    Also you cant adjust ball spin when on the green , even if using a club other than the putter . Once on the green the ball spin option is not usable

While I don't know about the PC platform, on the mobile platform, you can adjust the spin with other clubs when the ball is on the green (for example, a wedge). And it does have an effect.

A while back, they changed that. 

I dont play mobile only pc version . I made sure to check before I made that post just to be sure . It used to be that you could but the cry babies complained so much that WGT changed it . Making it harder to use the wedge on the greens instead of the putter . That was around 5 years ago I dont know why it hasnt been changed with the mobile version . But there is no rule in golf that says you have to use the putter when putting on the green .

• PAGES
RSS