Forums

Help › Forums

iOS vs Windows for WGT

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 11 2018 7:23 AM (4 replies)
  • Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2018 9:08 PM

I recently purchased a MacBook, my first iOS machine and have noticed few standout difference  between iOS and Windows with regard WGT.

Firstly, the Mac graphics are outstanding.

Secondly, and more importantly, I now can't adjust for topspin on my Clevo wedges using Safari with Adobe Flash Player. I don't have this problem using Firefox. However, the meter is unstable using Firefox on the Mac compared with my old HP Elitebook - this paring provided the most stable meter I have managed to configure.

As a result two shots on average have been added to my scores, which those who pay to play bracket and ReadyGo will know is far from ideal.

Any Mac users who play pay to enter tournaments on a regular basis that have any suggestions regarding paring the best browser on a Mac for use on WGT would be great.

Cheers

Mike 

• climatic
    183 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2018 12:00 PM

I use a MacBook Pro with Safari, no issues for me.

i definately don’t have the issue with setting the spin on ball.

Brenden

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Thu, Nov 8 2018 5:33 PM

climatic:

I use a MacBook Pro with Safari, no issues for me.

i definately don’t have the issue with setting the spin on ball.

Brenden

Hi Brenden,

I'm only having issues with my Clevo wedges. I can set full topspin, but can't adjust anywhere between the set spin and full topspin. I generally play my wedges with a touch of topspin. There are only a few holes throughout WGT that require any amount of backspin with the Clevo wedges, as you most likely know yourself.

All other clubs are fine.

The Safari meter is surprisingly good compared with using Firefox on the Mac. For windows machines Firefox is the gold standard, smooth and predictable.

Until I work out what the problem is I'll have to continue with Firefox. I couldn't be bothered changing browsers during a game in order to adjust spin for a full wedge shot.

Gave Google Chrome a chance on my new Mac and it played as expected, far from ideal. I won't touch Google Chrome on any machine. It has a bad tendency to quicken rapidly once in the hit zone causing big pushes.

• opusx69
    30 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 7:03 AM

I have the same problem Miantiao.  However, it only happens for me when the game window opens up in it's own separate window.  When it opens up in the same window as the wgt homepage I never have a problem setting spin.  It's weird.  Not sure how to fix it.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 7:23 AM

Hi

I use a Mac Retina.The browser I use is Safari n worked well with everything for the last 2 years. I also tried Chrome n Firefox but the meter is so jumpy like a slippery slop. 

- Carl

RSS