Forums

Help › Forums

Best WGT Player of all Time!

Fri, Apr 12 2024 1:42 PM (1,957 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 7:27 AM

Oh Billy Billy, not sure I should do this. Henry don't take this as a stake to the heart, but. You are absolutely the last person on WGT who should have anything to do with the 12 days of Christmas or Christmas in July. I was one of the first 3 or 4 who came up with this program. I am sure that WGT can find my initial idea for this. It has been done with class and a total lack of a need for personal gratification. I feel you will have to be the Greatest Santa on WGT. That is the last thing we need. Many of the Best Santa's on WGT have given the least, but have meant the most. Henry, please don't think I am knocking you down. You have entered a couple of sacred areas of WGT that you should respect and let be. Many of us old timers on here have a memorial wall in our minds. I would love to have a printed page I can read, but I would want it accurate.

Please take this in the right vein and continue to enjoy the game.

Rich

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 12:42 PM

renniw52:

Oh Billy Billy, not sure I should do this. Henry don't take this as a stake to the heart, but. You are absolutely the last person on WGT who should have anything to do with the 12 days of Christmas or Christmas in July. I was one of the first 3 or 4 who came up with this program. I am sure that WGT can find my initial idea for this. It has been done with class and a total lack of a need for personal gratification. I feel you will have to be the Greatest Santa on WGT. That is the last thing we need. Many of the Best Santa's on WGT have given the least, but have meant the most. Henry, please don't think I am knocking you down. You have entered a couple of sacred areas of WGT that you should respect and let be. Many of us old timers on here have a memorial wall in our minds. I would love to have a printed page I can read, but I would want it accurate.

Please take this in the right vein and continue to enjoy the game.

Rich

Thanks Rich.  That is why (after I agreed to do it), wanted some feed back from the masses.   I appreciate your comments and accept what you are saying.  Now I am caught in a precarious situation.  If I tell OPY I am stepping down from doing it, he will think I am running away from the promise I made.  On the other hand, I don't want it to fail because Henry is involved.  What should I do?  I can offer this:   In light of my new direction, if I am forgiven and accepted by this time next year, I can assume the responsibility then. Secondly, I have never donated to these events before so this time around I can contribute by making some donations.

This started with OPY and me, so I would like to hear back from him - his thoughts. 

Thanks again Rich.  I am not offended - as long as people are honest, truthful and direct.   Its when they start beating around the bush and name calling, that I get annoyed.  Even then, I like to be respectful in the forums, sir.  That is why I don't get  "monitored".

Henry.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 4:09 PM

HenryKawa:
    this time around I can contribute by making some donations

This is the best thing to do.  

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 5:07 PM

The truth , in a way I set up a sting , Sorry Henry ...  Bad OPY ..   It started with your lists of the best at this or that and look at me . Many gave you a 2nd chance and got (     )  in return ,  a few others gave a 3rd chance to the one and only and got a I will do better .  It was time to find out what others that didnt or dont want to give you the last chance . 

You dont need to be the " Best "  at score, posts , Friend,s , stat,s , putt,s , Match plays , Long drive ,       Sally sand trap save,s ,  

When you have a game like this the score you post is moot ,  2 out of 3 . 

OPY 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 5:30 PM

Please don't take anything I post for any more than what I say. I comment from an old school mentality as one of the old time members of this game. Every one is entitled to their opinion as long as they are honest and stay within the guidelines. I mean no harm to any person on WGT because I really don't know them. I base my comments on how they act and their comments. There are many of us here that came through the ranks as friends, competitors and just plain brothers and sisters of this crazy game. I take this as more than just a computer game because of what it has meant to me. If I could never hit another ball on here the memories I have would be enough to last the rest of my life. I just hope that every member can experience just some of what I have to remember. I know many players who feel like I do and never want our little community to end. If and when you have something ugly to say or an ax to grind, try to do it with the person you are upset with and not on an open forum.

It will only make you look better and more respected in the long run.

Squirrel Nutz

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Fri, Feb 1 2019 5:49 PM

Squirrel Nutz,

I agree with you totally.  

I was hoping that people had it in their hearts to forgive and allow me a last chance to prove myself.  I have not disappointed myself because I am proud of the direction I've taken and the progress I've made.   I am however disappointed with a few others, whose only purpose is to disrupt my effort to repent and become a better WGT citizen.  

To those certain folks, I just have to say I am not going anywhere.  If  you are attempting to drive me away, it won't work.  I am here for the long haul.  If this wonderful game is still going 10 years from now, I will be here, playing and in the forums 10 years from now.   Its up to them if they want to ever forgive and accept me, or forever be at odds with me and others.

Thank you Rich.  I wish more people were like you.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 2:57 AM

A single glass at night could mean a peaceful, uninterrupted nights sleep.

NEW Wine for Seniors I kid you not …

Clare Valley vintners in South Australia, which primarily produce Pinot Blanc, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Grigio wines, have developed a new hybrid grape that acts as an anti-diuretic. It is expected to reduce the number of trips older people have to make to the bathroom during the night.

The new wine will be marketed as PINO MORE!

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 3:04 AM

According to research by Caltech, if you want to look professional in your WGT avator  picture then make sure you're 135 centimetres, or c.4.5 feet, away from the lens. People 45 centimetres, or 1.5 feet, away were rated by the study as less trustworthy, attractive, and competent.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 3:08 AM

Henry .

‘Don’t sweat the petty things and don’t pet the sweaty things.’

"Temper your post don't post your temper."

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sat, Feb 2 2019 3:11 AM

Did you know bee's invented the Mexican wave .

RSS