Forums

Help › Forums

Best WGT Player of all Time!

Sun, Jul 2 2023 5:04 AM (1,956 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 2:52 PM

Since medieval times, people in Scotland had ‘porridge drawers’ in their kitchen dressers: leftover porridge was poured there, allowed to cool, and could be later cut into slices when cold and eaten over several days..

I remember where my Grand dad put the old porridge in a drawer to set but forgot to check it was empty - he broke his false teeth  on a toy car that had set in the hardened porridge.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2019 3:01 PM

My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare .

• Breezybaby1811
    366 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 3:55 AM

craigswan:

My theory is that all of Scottish cuisine is based on a dare .

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:50 AM

A Cornell University study found that raising an office’s temperature by five degrees Celsius increased productivity by 150% and reduced typos by 44%..

Same thing - simply removing your socks can increase your productivity by 300% and reduce typos by 99% if you happened to be wearing them on your hands

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:53 AM

Are you listening every one .

WORD OF THE DAY: IPSEDIXITISM - a dogmatic assertion; a statement presented as fact without any supporting evidence.

Dogma - living with the results of other people's thinking/decision making.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:54 AM

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Thu, Mar 21 2019 4:56 AM

Unlucky lakers lose out again .

• HenryKawa
    1,720 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 7:29 AM

RE: Furnaces

Sorry folks - don't read this if furnaces are boring to you!  lol

Thank you to all people who gave me advise about my furnaces.  After much research I finally put in an order for two new Furnaces and new A/C.   The important feature of my new system, I think, they are self modulating furnaces.   The company did a lot of work, measuring and calculating the size of furnaces required.  I always thought "the bigger the better". NOT TRUE.  If the BTU is too large, it will cause all kinds of problems.   I am getting a 60,000BTU for the main floor and basement.  The second floor furnace will be a 40,000BTU.  A/C on the second floor furnace only, because cold air moves down.   I am also getting a steam humidifier because currently I have a problem regulating the humidity with the cheap humidifier (its too dry in the winter).  Also a UV bulb in each furnace to kill germs and bacteria flowing through.  I am keeping my regular water heater so they have to line the chimney.   CTK wifi thermostats for each furnace.   5" wide corrugated HEP8 Filters. Make of the furnaces:  Smart Air 6000.  Life time warranty on the heat exchangers ( I think he said they are Aluminum plated steel).  TOTAL COST INSTALLED AFTER TAX:  $16,650.00 CN, or about $13,000.00 US

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Fri, Mar 22 2019 10:01 AM

I am a man without a furnace.

My windows are insulated by 19 sheets of glass which cost less than installing a heating system..

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, Mar 27 2019 7:06 AM

RSS