Forums

Help › Forums

wgt putter comparison, accuracy and precision

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 18 2018 5:37 AM (5 replies)
  • futtocks12345
    29 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:52 PM

Compare WGT Starter Putter, Odyssey L70 Versa, L96 Versa, TaylorMade TM L55 Daytona, TM L33 Ghost Spider

- It indicates a reduced scatter/variation for using Credits on a putter....

Snapshot of info from long thread "WGT Putter Precision Tests" originated by "boehse" several yrs ago ... - he seems not to have been active since 2016 appx.  However, it contained some VERY detailed info & putter comparisons work...

I've snapshot a couple of the overlay pictures of repeated putts that he produced to stick them here in one place.  Original forum item: Putter precision tests - Now with irons! - World Golf Tour

www.wgt.com/forums/t/195080.aspx

www.wgt.com/forums/p/195080/3501994.aspx

This is not a particular recommendation, noting I found them to be a useful view of putt variability of the WGT Starter putter vs. 4 popular WGT putters. The detailed posts describe what he did.

Below: Putter-WGTStarter-L55-Daytona-2013.png,  (2 side by side)  

& further below Putter-L35-Ghost-Spider-L55-Daytona-L70-Versa-L96-Versa.png (2x2)

-------------------------------------------

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 9:35 AM

This is your second post on this topic . Why ? You clearly arent making a point in either thread . If you have a question then please ask it . None of here are mind readers so again I ask whats your point . Please keep this to one thread instead of posting all over the forum .

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:28 AM

Lonnie: perhaps this relatively new player is easily impressed  and just wanted to let all the forum readers know of this 21 page thread. Or that the search box can be used to find old items that have been thrown into the attic. Or perhaps there is hope that someone will add information about some of the top putters . As you say "Why?".

• futtocks12345
    29 Posts
    Wed, Oct 31 2018 11:51 AM

impressed - no - 40 yrs of real golf mean I do not get impressed by virtual oxen of ball.

The intent was on have on ONE page the comparison pictures from someone who put a lot of effort into working out if spending on a putter helps or not.

.. that was all.

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2018 6:24 PM

I found it a pretty useful and easily digestible summary of a wonderfully informative and long thread. 

• futtocks12345
    29 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2018 5:37 AM

I got the L70+ Odyssey Versa, ca. 2 weeks ago (5.Nov.2018).  - it's great.

Like many others in the forums, I recommend it.

Distance control better, almost zero scatter left to right. Sinking putts up to and beyond 25ft very often.

Have to watch the short putts as ever, to ensure that put enough power in,  & also to remember to watch the scale (remember to correctly switch to "15ft" or "30ft" scale),  esp. noting green speeds are nearly always faster than the "standard scale".

RSS